Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Has he ever called you a bad name?

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:06 AM
  • 47 Replies

My husband has only ever called me a bad name when playing around. For example, we were in the kitchen and he put ice down my shirt so I grabbed the sink sprayer and blasted him, lol, and he said, "You got me all wet, you crazy bitch!" but he was laughing while he said it and stuck another piece of ice down my shirt, lol. But he's never called me that or anything else in anger, and I called him a "jerk" in the same playful tone during that.

Meanwhile, my sister's husband, on Christmas mind you, called her a "stupid fucking cow" because she knocked an ornament off the tree and it broke. It was an ornament his late father gave him as a kid, so I get that it's sentimental, but he shouldn't have said that. When she started crying, he told her to cut it out and said she was useless.

Has your man ever called you a bad name? Have you ever called him one?

by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Runner36
by Bronze Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Absolutely not...Him or me...we treat each other with respect...

SevenFromHeaven
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Yes.  He's called me a bitch and I've called him a bastard.  But to be honest, most of the time it's because I'm being one or he is.  It's never said just as a nasty insult without a reason.

That said, it doesn't really bother me what he calls me in the heat of the moment.  I know how he feels about me, even when he's angry with me.

I gotta say though, I'd have probably called your sister the same thing if she'd broken something that important to me.  Although I think the telling her to cut out her crying and calling her useless was uncalled for.  Does he always speak to her like that, or is this a one off that was set off as a result of the breakage?

~~~~~~~~~~
Sarah-Jean
Wife since 2000
Mad Mum of 5 boys and 2 girls

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I went through a really really nasty divorce and even then, I didn't call the dh names. Never.  I don't think it's okay, even in or especially in the heat of the moment. It shows a huge level of disrespect. Sorry,.. even if you're mad at someone, you don't call them names.  Calling your sister a 'stupid f-ing cow' really shows his disrespect. Get mad because the ornament is broken.. that I can understand. Get mad at her as if she did it on purpose, no.

Life is divine chaos
Embrace it.  Forgive  yourself.   Breathe
           And enjoy the ride....   

SoKamele
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I think once he called me the b word.

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:09 PM

No, neither of us have.

bjane01
by Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 9:29 PM
2 moms liked this
My husband used to call me terrible names on a very regular basis. At least once a week the last few years I was with him. He was creative in his name calling but his pet name for me was "piece of s*it". He also told me he hated me on a regular basis. The last month I was with him, Oct 2011, I counted 30 times he said he hated me. He called me a prostitute and when I told him it hurt me, he told me I was one so I deserved it. I was faithful to him for 15 years.

My self esteem was shot. It is called verbal abuse and in my opinion it is worse than physicsl abuse because it leaves emotional scars that can not be seen.

1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Married for 22 years, together 23. He has NEVER even come close to calling me a bad name, not even goofing around.

soymujer
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:39 PM

My ex called me a bitch once. But my hubby hasn't called me anything.

Charlotte1608
by Lottie on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Not that I can recall, maybe "bitch" during a fight but like "you're being a bitch". I have called him a nasty name though, in the heat of the moment but I apologised.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Maybe in the heat of the moment, but wow, "stupid fucking cow"??? That's awful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)