Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

advice?! my son is mixed ans looks white but...

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:22 PM
  • 95 Replies
1 mom liked this
I know this may seem silly,but I'm Italian and german and my husband is Jamaican. Our soon will be 2 months tomorrow and looks like a Caucasian baby. His genital area is darker and the doctor said that is an indication of the color he will be. However, I'm sick of everyone. making comments about how white he is! I'm thinking like ugh, hello, I am white! But, what's most getting to me is even my husband makes comments about how white he is and asks when he's going to get darker. He also says that he doesn't even look like he's going to be black at all. Anyone have any advice, experience, or knowledge of mixed babies and skin pigmentation, etc?! Thank you!
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommytoaangel
by New Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Pic
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:32 PM

I think it can happen that way. I wouldn't have said this before meeting a couple little girls last month. They were about 7 and 10. They were sisters, sharing the same dad (dad is VERY light, half black, half white). Both moms are white. Both of the girls are darker than their dad. When meeting them, I assumed that their moms were black.

mommytobe1031
by Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:37 PM
I'm trying to figure out how to upload a pic lol
mommytobe1031
by Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Ya.. I just think it depends on gene pool honestly, but it makes me mad a little that people almost question our son's appearance
cntrdmom
by Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Genetics are a funny thing. There's really no telling. My girls are really white and my son almost looks Mexican. Their daddy is 1/2 Native American. You can't see skin color well, plus their tans have worn off since summer but look at their hair color and the girls have blue eyes while my boy has brown eyes.
I'd love to see pics of all 3 of you though!
24clark
by Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh that can be tough. Your baby is your baby and skin tone does note have anything to do with it. (Although I get where you are coming from.) I would have to say something like "He will get darker in the summer time when he is exposed to the sun!" or to his daddy: "What the hell did you do? I thought he would be darker like you instead of being so light skinned like me? Did you piss God off and mess with the God given genetics!?" Love that baby like he deserves and p!ss off on the rest of the world! God bless you both.

Mommie_2_Boys
by New Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:42 PM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

The one I am holding is mixed. Look how white he is lol
mommytobe1031
by Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Lol, thank u ladies! You made me feel better! It def does just depend. I do say stuff like he will get darker eventually and when he's in the sun he will get darker.

Love the pics! Thank u very much!
mommytobe1031
by Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:53 PM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Here's a pic from a week ago. He was 7 weeks old
mommytobe1031
by Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)