Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you affectionate towards your husband?

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:38 AM
  • 83 Replies

I am not. My hubs is towards me. He would love me to be overly affectionate like him but i'm just not like that. I do try to be more affectionate for him though but I'm just not into being smothered. Are you or your husband similar?

by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xxBiteMExx
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Im the exact way. And hes also kinda mad cause I haven't done anything romantic for him like be always does for me. Im not creative though. Idk what to do lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charlotte1608
by Lottie on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Haha snap! it's our anniversary in January and he wants to do something super romantic too. He says he accepts that i'm not affectionate with him but I know he doesn't.

Quoting xxBiteMExx: Im the exact way. And hes also kinda mad cause I haven't done anything romantic for him like be always does for me. Im not creative though. Idk what to do lol.

Daisyducc
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm affectionate with my husband but not overtly or publicly.

applesgalore
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:05 AM
I had a bf before i met my dh, i would express and show feelings and be romantic. He wasnt. Was a lot that wasnt there. He would say "love you" give a quick kiss and it felt so empty. Met dh, dated and knew i had been missing so much warmth and closeness. He shows it openly and often and it made me feel so good. His actions back up what he says. Can see and feel that. I m the same towards him.
Momof3smoochies
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 4:11 AM
I was very affectionate the first couple of years. But since he was never romantic. I just gave up and stopped. Now if he tries to get all cuddly and all. I push him away. Don't get me wrong. I love him and all. But now it feels like he's invading my personal space.
cherylmoore
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:15 AM
I try to be affectionate but he's not interested. I know that he loves me so it's not usually an issue but sometimes it hurts like yesterday I gave him a kiss and tried to make it more than just a little peck. He said no way I haven't brushed my teeth yet. It's always some excuse
Mommabearbergh
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 8:22 AM

My husband is not overly affectionate and it would be nice if he would but he doesn't and I am okay with that.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:17 AM
I'm the same as you. I'm just not a lovey dovey person. Neither of us are now.
Runner36
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I am very affectionate with my husband...I am always touching him, holding his hand, etc.  He is affectionate with me in different ways...he likes to rub my butt when he passes by me, always kisses me hello and goodbye, etc.  

However, when we sleep...we don't touch at all!! LOL

Drea_84
by New Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 9:20 AM
My husband can go months without being affectionate or intimate so when he tries it just feels off
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)