Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

What has your man said that made you feel about as sexy as a banana slug?

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:05 AM
  • 29 Replies

10 Things Guys Say That Make Girls Feel Unsexy

by Jenny Erikson

We all have those days when we just feel like a total slouch, unkempt and unsexy as all get out. And then are times when we kind of feel like we’re rocking it a little, and would really appreciate a nice compliment.

It doesn’t matter what state you’re in, sometimes your man will say something that makes you feel downright unsexy. From an innocent comment taken the wrong way to the deliberately hurtful, words have power, man, and sometimes they make us think, wow, it’s almost like you don’t want to get lucky tonight.

Here are 10 things guys say that make us ladies cringe:

1. You look just like your mother: Unless my last name is Jolie-Pitt, I don’t want to hear it.
  2. You look just like my mother: Even worse. Can we say mommy issues?
  3. No time for a shower today? No, but thanks for noticing my greasy hair and pit stains. So nice of you to pay attention.
  4. I need to drop the kids off at the pool: OK, everybody poops. I don’t want to hear about it, mmmkay? Especially if you're going to use crass euphemisms in which you equate your turds to children and the toilet to a fun summer hangout.
  5. Brrrrrrrrp! I know your frat bros were really impressed with your ability to belch the alphabet. Us ladies, not so much.
  6. What did you do all day? I didn’t work out or put makeup on, if that’s what you’re asking.
  7. The laundry needs doing: You know what is actually sexy? Doing the laundry yourself if you notice it piling up. Please don’t forget to switch it to the dryer.
  8. Let me tell you what I think: Wasn’t asking for your opinion, bud. Unless your advice is explicitly asked for, keep it to yourself.
  9. My ex used to [fill in the blank]: We know you had a life before we came into the picture. We don’t like being compared to anyone in your past. Or hearing about her.
  10. Hold on, I need to take this call: Save this one for when you really, really need to take the call. It is not sexy to feel sidelined when we’re spending time together.

What has your man said that made you feel about as sexy as a banana slug?

by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
orchardmoma
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Normally my hubby is very respectful. He doesn't say things to be hurtful, ever. BUT, one time when we were going out on date night I came into the room and  he said "are you going to go get ready?"  I WAS!!!! Haha. We laughed about it..

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:14 AM

"I think my mother has a pair of shoes like that."

His mother is 77 years old!

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:16 AM
He usually is pretty good at not being insensitive. LOL
I know he's said something about my appearance at least once?
m.garcia21
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:18 AM
My dh is ussually very kind and often compliments me...but one time when we were barely dating we were in line to enter a museum and i had a low shirt on he tells me youre back is so cute and hairy haha lol it makes me laugh now but at the time i wanted to smack him
RheaF
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I honestly can't rmemeber anything that DH has said that was hurtful.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:24 AM

1. What did you do all day? 

This one irks me, although I probably did work out. And, I probably do look like a huffy wreck afterwards. Other than that, I guarantee you, I occupied my alone time just fine.

AlannaMaria
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 11:57 AM
He told me to throw my little zip up coat I wear to the gym away lol. He said he hates it! He bought me a ton of new workout gear for Xmas :)
_abeauty92
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:30 PM

"I need to drop the kids off at the pool ( I need to take a shit "

"Brrrrrrrrp! "

"What did you do all day"

"Let me tell you what I think"

"Hold on, I need to take this call"
_abeauty92
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 12:31 PM
I absolutely love workout gear !
I got a lot too for Christmas . What did you get ?!

Quoting AlannaMaria: He told me to throw my little zip up coat I wear to the gym away lol. He said he hates it! He bought me a ton of new workout gear for Xmas :)
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Huh. Other than burping he doesn't do this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)