Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

what are your thoughts on open marriages?

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:47 PM
  • 105 Replies

do you think it can work or not? why?

by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:08 PM
7 moms liked this

I don't see the point. Why be married if you want to have sex with random people? I don't get it. In that scenario, your marriage really only is a piece of paper.

This doesn't pertain necessarily to poly families, like Anryan' s. Every party in that relationship is committed and stable, and they live in a loving home. I'm talking about swingers, or people that just go out and screw people they meet at bars or parties. That, to me, is gross.

danigirlglow
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Of course it can work. My close friend and her husband have an open marriage and its worked wonderfully for them for years. It isn't something I'd ever want, but to each their own. As long as everyone is legally an adult and consents, no one has the right to say its right or wrong.
AlannaMaria
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:19 PM
4 moms liked this
It wouldn't work for me.. I don't like to share :P
Runner36
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Absolutely...Open..Honest...Communication...Respect...Admiration...Trust...oh wait...you mean Open in regards to other things...

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:25 PM
3 moms liked this

Do I think it can work? I know couples who have been together for 15+ years and have some type of open marriage. So yes, I think it can work.

This question isn't much different than asking if marriage can work. Marriage can work if the people involved are determined to make it work, same with open marriages or alternative lifestyles.

ambcortez
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:30 PM
5 moms liked this

I don't see the point in even getting married if it's not monogomous.

Tiredmom53
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I take my vows very seriously I share everything with my dh and do not need anyone else

HisUsmcWifey
by on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:34 PM
4 moms liked this

Personally, no. Marriage is between two people. If I wanted to sleep around I wouldn't be married and the same could be said for my husband. No one i've ever known that had an "open" relationship ever got far with it because trust just isn't there for everyone. I married my husband knowing that he would be the only man i'll ever be with for the rest of my life and i'm more than okay with that.

Anryan
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

i am in an open marriage...kind of, we are polyamorous.  I have 2 men in my life (dh and my SO, another man) and my husband has me and his SO (another woman).  It can work, but it takes alot of time,effort and work on everyones part.   I think, however, that most times it doesn't work, especially in the case of swingers or in the case of people who open thier marriages because someone cheated, etc.

Anryan,

Wife to.....

David    and   Irish

amylovesnick07
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 7:40 PM
3 moms liked this
Not for me. I don't understand why people even get married if they are just going to sleep around with other people.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN