Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do You Ever Email/Text/PhoneCall One Another When In Same House?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:20 AM
  • 94 Replies

typingbriefcase

Do you, or have you ever emailed or texted or called significant other/husband or your kids on phone or computer when you are in  the same  house? 

If so, why and do you like that or does it bug you? 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hburnette3
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:22 AM

yes I have but only to bug DH   :)

normally I just holler much easier with faster results  

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:24 AM

When we lived in the big house we raised our 5 kids in, I would sometimes call the kids thru a text or phone call or fb message instead of screaming their name to come or having to go thru the whole  house and up a bunch of stairs just to tell them something simple.  Also a few times especially when the kids were teens and we were in a big disagreement over something, instead of arguing about it, I  would write them a heartfelt email with sweet little graphics added and then encourage them to email me back, this way everyone felt heard with no interruptions and no yelling etc. Sometimes I would write them a message just to tell them I am proud of them or how special they are too. 

Now the kids don't live with us because they are grown up but both at the big house we raised the kids in and in our current tiny apt, even though it's not necessary, sometimes Todd or I will send eachother a lovey dovey or sexy little text or email if one of us in the other room or if we are both on our laptops at the same time just to be flirty and playful. We think its cute and fun. It's just an occasional thing and we communicate a LOT conversationally too. 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:59 AM

Yes, when DH and I have a big fight he'll go to the bedroom (his phone is glued to him) and I'll be on the computer in the livingroom.  When I have calmed down enough I'll text him to see if he's still being an ass or if we can talk about it.  I'd say 98% of the time he'll come out of the bedroom to talk with me or respond for me to come in there to talk.  Other than that no.  DH and DD text each other in the same room and that drives me nuts.

SkullyDevour
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Yeah, but weirdly enough its usually just to flirt or we're out of toilet tissue and I need him to bring me a roll.

MaineMammax2
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:10 AM
We do, just kidding around though. If he's in the living room watching TV and I'm in the bedroom we might send each other sexy text.
theresaphilly
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 9:01 AM

When he is in his "man-cave" with the music glaring and yes the floor will be vibrating. I will have to call him and even then, I have to do it three times and bang on the door, the music is so loud that he cant hear the phone. 

beans13
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Same

Quoting SkullyDevour:

Yeah, but weirdly enough its usually just to flirt or we're out of toilet tissue and I need him to bring me a roll.

valrubio
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 9:05 AM
No. My DH would never answer if I did.
mrsjksimmons
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Only when something like needing tp. The bathroom is upstairs and sometimes with the vent fan on, you can't hear the other calling for you.

kit_manson
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 9:11 AM
Yes, I find it easier. But we are not a yelling family. I'd have to go up aw flights of stairs just to say diverging. It's also easier when putting the little one to bed
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)