Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dial Up Marriage Test

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:25 AM
  • 7 Replies

HAHA how would YOUR dh/so do and how would  YOU do on this test? LOL 

(for those who might not be able to see picture, it's Will Ferrell saying "Before you marry a  person you should first make them use a computer with slow internet to see who they really are"  : )

View Full Size Image YVONNE

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL DH knew I have an anger and impatience issue. We have decent internet connection and I still scream that it's too slow! LOL

iHEAVENn
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL! Oddly enough, we did.... And we both hated it haha :P 

-:Logan Jacob:--:December 1st 2007:--:7 Pounds 4 Ounces:- -:My Everything:- 

-:Baby #2 is on the way:-

baby development

earthangel1967
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:31 AM

I remember Todd and I  had to use Dial up internet the first several years we were together , as a matter of fact we didn't even have a computer at first, I used a thing called WEB TV (keyboard on your lap and use tv screen as computer- could do email and some internet but was slow and not all websites or such would always work on it. ) It's what I used to meet Todd though!  :  ) 

Anyway we HATED dial up and found it frustrating and time consuming but we  lived with it and dealt with it and were grateful to have what we could so I guess we passed the test. 

IF we had to go BACK to dial up  now that we are spoiled on high speed wireless I am sure we would not do as well though truthfully lol 

ANyone else remember or use a webtv? 

Lucky2BaMomof2
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I loved Web TV!

Quoting earthangel1967:

I remember Todd and I  had to use Dial up internet the first several years we were together , as a matter of fact we didn't even have a computer at first, I used a thing called WEB TV (keyboard on your lap and use tv screen as computer- could do email and some internet but was slow and not all websites or such would always work on it. ) It's what I used to meet Todd though!  :  ) 

Anyway we HATED dial up and found it frustrating and time consuming but we  lived with it and dealt with it and were grateful to have what we could so I guess we passed the test. 

IF we had to go BACK to dial up  now that we are spoiled on high speed wireless I am sure we would not do as well though truthfully lol 

ANyone else remember or use a webtv? 

earthangel1967
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:53 AM

LOL Since I couldn't afford a computer ... about 12 yrs ago when I  got divorced from my ex my parents gave me a webtv! I was SO excited and it's what I used to online date and how I met my soulmate/bff love of my life Todd 10+ yrs ago, so because of that it will always have a special place in my heart, I am so grateful I had it! 

Also since it was so  simple and basic to use .. a few years into our relationship when we could afford to buy a laptop, I didn't want to use the laptop at first because it overwhelmed and intimidated me but Todd and our 5 kids kept pushing me and making me learn because they knew I would love it much better once I stopped being afraid of it. They were VERY right LOL 

Quoting Lucky2BaMomof2: I loved Web TV!

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:52 AM

lol when I'm at my parents I'm stuck with dial up.  DH has seen the before and after.  The after is not pretty. lmao! 

Raeann11
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:03 AM

I didn't have a computer when we first meet. His Dad did and it was dial up. Then when about a year into living together we had a computer and dial up for a long time. It wasn't till my oldest was about two years old we didn't have dial up anymore.

We both knew what we were like. We lived together for 5 years before we got married.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)