Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beware: You have the Power to Rot a Man * A Christian post*

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:51 AM
  • 15 Replies
5 moms liked this

I did not write this, I found it on a blog, there are bible verses and prayers in this post..

Beware: You have the Power to Rot a Man

A virtuous and worthy wife is a crowning joy to her husband, but she who makes him ashamed is as rottenness in his bones. – Proverbs 12:4

First, let us look deeper into some of the key words in this powerful Scripture.

Virtuous – Chayil (khah’ – yil) and means: a force, an army, strength, able, substance, worthy.

Crown – atar (aw-tar’) and means: encircle, crown, compass.

Ashamed - buwsh (boosh) and means: to make disappointed, put to shame, confound, become dry, to contradict or refute, to bring ruin.

I think many times, as wives, we do not really take the time to truly understand the role we play in the lives of our husbands. God did not put the man at the head because He thought less of the woman. He loves us the same. However, He needed to create an atmosphere of order in the home. So, He chose the man to lead and the woman to submit and follow.

However, with the role we have as wives, there is an incredible responsibility that, in most cases, is missed. It is often missed because as women we can not get past the word “submit,” and the annoyance that word brings!

We are a force in our husband’s life. Let me share the Scripture with you again now that we have clarity on some of the words used in it…

A strong, able, and worthy woman is a crowning compass of joy to her husband, but she who makes him shamed, disappointed, and contradicts him is a rottenness to his bones. - Proverbs 12:4

WOW!

We are a HUGE influence in our husband’s life. And, when we refuse to properly step into our God-given roles as wives, we are not only a harmful hindrance to our husbands, we are walking in disobedience to our Beloved King!

When we mistreat our husbands and argue, fight, refuse to submit, act bossy, verbally bash them privately or publicly, disrespect them, and treat them in any way that is out of alignment with God’s Word, we are hurting them; we are ROTTING THEIR BONES!

On the flip side, when we obey God’s Word, we are not only going to be blessed, we are a crowning compass of joy to the men God gave us! And, to be honest, if we are a crowning joy, it is going to be pretty hard to have an unhappy husband. I believe that joy begets joy. We will reap the joy that we sow!

However, it will only happen as we obey God’s Word. We must choose to obey God, lay down our fleshly desires, and submit to the King and His ways.

Hey, I did not write the Word. God simply inspired me to write from my perspective as a real wife living a real life based on what HE already said. God made sure that we all know everything we need to live happy, peaceful, and joy-filled lives. His Word does not adapt itself with the times. His Word does not change to fit our needs or the culture. It just IS. We all have choices…we can obey and be blessed or we can disobey and bring ruin to ourselves and our husbands.

Let’s take a quick look at the pros and cons of obeying God’s design for marriage

Benefits of obedient living:

- blessings
- joy
- peace
- hope
- helps our husband BE what God created him to be
- storing treasures in Heaven
- a better opportunity to have a happy marriage
- will train our children to be God pleasers, and NOT the current culture’s lackeys

The unfortunate consequences of a disobedient life:

- a ruined husband with rotten bones
- divorce
- sadness
- discord
- no peace
- anger
- bitterness
- hopelessness
- hindrance of our husbands spiritual walk
- will train our children to live selfish, worldly lives

To put it bluntly: we need to stop waiting for our husbands to fulfill our needs, and OBEY what God wants US to do as wives– NOT based on the performance of our husbands, but on what God says. We need to DO what God says to do BECAUSE God SAID it and HE knows best!

When we let go of what we want and do what God wants, then and ONLY then, will we truly have all that God wants us to have. Then and ONLY then, will God actually have the room and ability to WORK in our husband’s hearts and help our marriages.

We cannot go on expecting God to change our husbands when we are not even willing to do what God wants us to do!

Lord, please forgive me for being a selfish wife. Please forgive me for unrealistic expectations, and expecting my husband to fulfill my needs. Help me to turn to You and allow You to be my source for everything. Please forgive me for being stubborn and expecting my husband to change before I will. Help me to love him. Help me to obey You and what You want regardless of my husband’s behavior. Help me to NOT be a rottenness to his bones. Help me to be a crowning joy to him, and help him to be all that You created him to be. Help me to love him unselfishly. Show me how I can honor, encourage, and delight my husband. Thank You for Your Word, Lord. Thank You for not changing with the times. Thank You for being the same yesterday, today, and forever. Help me to be consistent in all I do. Praise You Lord. You are worthy of my obedience, love, and worship. Thank You for loving me. In Jesus’ Mighty Name, amen!

Dig Deeper:

Look up the following Scriptures in at least 2 different translations; then, write out the 3 that speak to you the most in your own words; and keep them close!

• Proverbs 14:1
  • Proverbs 15:1-4
  • Proverbs 16:7
  • Luke 6:41-42
  • 1 Corinthians 13
  • 1 John 4:7-21
  • Colossians 3:13

Finally, if you really want a happy, healthy, GOD pleasing marriage, then you must begin to look inward and not at your husband. Take an inventory of your thought life, how you think and speak about your husband; repent, and begin to seek God about how YOU should change.

Source- http://realchristianwives.com/2013/12/beware-you-have-the-power-to-rot-a-man/

This is so true, imo.

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MethuenMom
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 7:50 AM
3 moms liked this

Counterpoint:  God has nothing to do with it. 

It's all about mutual respect and equality in a marriage.  When a husband and wife view each other as equals in their marriage neither of them feel dominant or submissive.  Both husband and wife have an equal voice and are able to explore their feelings openly and honestly. 

When equality in a marriage is practiced it teaches their children that all people should be treated equally no matter what gender they are.

Equality and mutual respect will make a marriage work.

lovemercygrace
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MethuenMom:

It's all about mutual respect and equality in a marriage.  When a husband and wife view each other as equals in their marriage neither of them feel dominant or submissive.  Both husband and wife have an equal voice and are able to explore their feelings openly and honestly. 

When equality in a marriage is practiced it teaches their children that all people should be treated equally no matter what gender they are.

God may have nothing to do with it for you, but for my marriage God is the center, And for many other Christian marriages God has a lot to do with our marriages.

Runner36
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this

This is a wonderful post.  Thank you...I agree whole-heartedly.

Proverbs has always been my favorite book of the Bible and really speaks to me.

I really liked the Colossians 3: 13 verse as well.

MethuenMom
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:29 AM

Whatever blows your hair back! 

Quoting lovemercygrace:

Quoting MethuenMom:

God may have nothing to do with it for you, but for my marriage God is the center, And for many other Christian marriages God has a lot to do with our marriages.

LadyBast
by Brenda on Jan. 8, 2014 at 10:19 AM

TFS

MiriRose923
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Great post, thank you!!

furbabymum
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:42 AM
2 moms liked this

We can't argue with our spouses now? You are on CM. You read about how stupid a lot of the men are on here. Submitting to stupid is even stupider than marrying stupid.

JesusMySavior
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you for this great post. I am already quite familiar with those scriptures but its always nice to have a pleasant reminder. Dh and I have been together for almost 8 yrs and I wasn't saved when we first met but thru my increasing love for dh I began to see things in a different way. Dh has been so wonderful to me all this time and we did have a rough start but once I ask Jesus into my heart, I studied those very scriptures and learned of my proper duty as his wife and over time we stopped arguing over the small issues and really focused on centering our relationship around God and His teachings on marriage. We are more in love now than ever and our focus on God has changed our views of eachother and even how we see the world around us. And believe it or not, even our sex life is out of this world so much more amazing than words could describe. We put God first place in our lives and there's no limit on what God can and will do.
jeda1429
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Ha Ha ...no! There is no lead or submit and follow in my marriage. We are both people of equal worth, our opinions and view points are given equal respect and we work things out as a team. My husband would not have it any other way.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jan. 8, 2014 at 1:34 PM
What a bunch of horse cock.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)