Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you feel obligated to have sex whenever HE wants it?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:27 PM
  • 121 Replies
1 mom liked this

I love sex, don't get me wrong, and I love having sex with my husband, so if he's in the mood, chances are I am, too, but if I'm ever not, it's okay for me to ask for a raincheck and pass on it that time. He doesn't expect me to have sex if I don't want to and doesn't get upset with me for turning him down.

But my neighbor was telling me earlier that whenever her husband wants sex, she gives it to him, whether she's in the mood or not because it's her duty as his wife. ???

Do YOU feel obligated to have sex with your man whenever he wants? 

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RheaF
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:30 PM
6 moms liked this

No, and thankfully DH would never want me to. He is very much a "only when we are both into it" kinda guy. ;)

kiwiskiwi29
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope. If I'm not in the mood he is just going to have to wait. He knows this so there is never and issue. There have been times when I have had like zero sex drive for awhile  and he gets a little annoyed but we get through it.

256bamamom
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:41 PM

No.....life gets complicated and desires wane and such.....we both understand if the other isn't in the mood....or just not feeling up to it....

huckleberry11
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I used to feel that way at times. I think it was out of fear of losing him to someone else if I didn't. There's a book your neighbour may be able to check out at the library called "No More Headaches." It's so nice to hear about DHs who are understanding and accepting - and selfless. GO DHs!!
Babujai
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:11 PM

No.

EmilysMom2010
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:12 PM
Nope.
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:33 PM

No, I don't.  I always want it.  I could be on my death bed and still want to go another round with him.  I know that sometimes he'll do it out of obligation for me though.  I can't go without as long as he can.

roseblossom90
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:33 PM

I do feel like, as his wife, it is my duty to give him sex when he wants it. However, 99% of the time, I want it as well. I do though, tell him no if he wants, say, a bj and I am not in the mood to give him one. Instead, I will offer intercourse. That way, we both get pleasure, and most of the time, our release from it. If he wants sex and I am too tired to do all the work, I will tell him to do what he needs to and then I will go back to sleep after he finishes.

bamamommy2009
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:34 PM

sometimes no i am not in the mood but i know that he is is and i do enjoy him getting pleasure so sometimes yes I will so that he gets his...and sometimes yes i know he does the same for me but for the most part we stay on the same page:)

jlbelknap35
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

No but I do anyway because I know within a couple seconds I am going to enjoy the hell out of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)