Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

All the good dads

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 3:57 AM
  • 38 Replies
2 moms liked this
Recently I have noticed a lot of posts about deadbeat fathers and husbands. Just wanted to have some of you ladies tell us what makes your man the best husband and father
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 3:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kenzie518
by New Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 4:03 AM
2 moms liked this
My dh sacrifices so much for my girls and I. Not only does he work f/t nights but he stays home with our girls during the day when I work. He even cleans and sometimes surprises me with doing laundry. As a husband he is still charming and romantic he constantly shows and tells me how much he loves our family. I love this man to death. I just wanted to share because I don't think enough people talk about how great some of our men are.
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jan. 10, 2014 at 6:22 AM
3 moms liked this

My husband just does the best he can. He isn't the best at either of those duties, but he does the best that is in his capacity to do. That is all I can ask from him. He tries. Sometimes I'm amazed, sometimes I'm bitterly disappointed, but he does the best he can. That is reality.

WVMamaMia2Three
by Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 6:59 AM
1 mom liked this

My SO is not a daddy nor husband YET but has been "playing" the part for awhile. I tell him I appreciate everything he has done for us (my 3 and me) on a regular basis. I do tell him I am thankful for him. The daddy role is new to him but I think he is progressing at it.

Runner36
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 8:11 AM
2 moms liked this

Love this post :)  I am always saddened by the number of people that bash their husbands on here (or in everyday life as well)

My DH is an amazing provider for our family.  He works hard, and then comes home to hang out with our boys and  is always appreciative and helpful.  DH strives to be the best dad he can be for our kids through talking, playing, listening...  He is the best husband because he puts our family first, would never do anything to put us in danger and is always looking out for us.  He is our provider, our protector and an all around amazing man that I respect so much!  His heart is so big and loving.  Plus he is REALLY hot ;)

I love my DH!!!  

kiss

committed4ever
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this
My DH is a fairly new Dad of 3 month old girl. He is a good guy and treats me so good. He is a people person who loves to be on the go and loves to have family and friends over he also enjoys sports and watching with the guys. He has put all that on the back burner as we transition from a married couple to parents also. He works hard and is an excellent provider so that i can stay home with our baby. he has a stressful job but I make sure our home is his sanctary from stress. And he constantly tell me I'm an amazing mom and wife. He is not perfect but boy is he perfect for me.

He's HOT too! LOL
Mommabear81312
by Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 8:17 AM
2 moms liked this

I have an amazing one too. He is very sweet to our daughter and his son. He has a heart of gold. He is very loving to me also. 

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:20 AM
4 moms liked this

The older four are not biologically his but looking at our family you would never know. I was a single mom of 4 young children when this man came into our lives. The kids and I were going through a horrible time. He steadied us. Just this past Christmas break, he was working 6 days a week, long, crazy hours. But he still made three 10 hour driving trips so they could see their BD and other family. His entire life, all he ever wanted to do was be a Sailor. When his reenlistment came up he made the decision to opt out. He knew his unit was going overseas (not combat zone) and we couldn't follow. He couldn't stand the idea of being away from them. His own father never wanted him and he swore he would never let his kids feel that way. The older 4 love playing D&D together. He will spend hours writing up stories for them to play.

Lately because of his work hours we rarely see him. But he still carves out time for us. He makes my coffee every morning when he comes in. He gets the kids up on his day off and usually makes dinner on his day off as well. Of course like any person, we all have bad moments. But his great times far out weigh any mishaps.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:30 AM

DH is an excellent provider and is more nurturing than I am.  He's patient, fair, kind, and understanding.  He always  makes time for DD and me and makes sure that we have everything that we need.  He's hard working and almost always in a good mood. He makes us feel safe and brings out the adventurous natue in DD and me.  He's a wonderful husband and father and I'm proud to call him mine. <3

kenzie518
by New Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks for sharing!! Sometimes it is so disheartening to see how some women on here talk about their s/o.I realize there are a lot of bad men out there but I would really like to lift up all the good ones. it is sad that its national news when a dad takes a picture taking care of his children like I saw on the Today Show a few days ago.

Quoting Runner36:

Love this post :)  I am always saddened by the number of people that bash their husbands on here (or in everyday life as well)

My DH is an amazing provider for our family.  He works hard, and then comes home to hang out with our boys and  is always appreciative and helpful.  DH strives to be the best dad he can be for our kids through talking, playing, listening...  He is the best husband because he puts our family first, would never do anything to put us in danger and is always looking out for us.  He is our provider, our protector and an all around amazing man that I respect so much!  His heart is so big and loving.  Plus he is REALLY hot ;)

I love my DH!!!  

kiss

megm11511
by Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:42 AM
My dh is the hardest worker I know. He deals with sub freezing conditions doing dangerous work, usually working somewhere around 100 hours a week. He loves our dd and I with all his heart. He really is an amazing man.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)