Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How important is it to wear the wedding ring all the time?

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:32 AM
  • 72 Replies

Hey ladies! Just curious about how everyone feels about this one. Personally my husband and I don't really care if the other doesn't wear a wedding ring all the time. I do just becausse my finger feels naked without it now but he often leaves it on the sink after his shower or wears a different ring instead of his wedding ring. The way we see it is we are still married and if I don't wear my ring it doesn't suddenly mean I don't love him.

What about you guys? DON'T BE RUDE OR JUDGMENTAL OF OTHERS PLEASE! THIS IS JUST FOR FUN!!

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AtiFreeFalls
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband has huge knuckles.  He cannot comfortably wear a ring.  To fit over his knuckles it is lose around his finger and annoys the heck out of him, and I don't feel a need to publicly mark my territory lol.  He is seriously the last man on the planet who would cheat, and if a man is going to cheat a ring isn't going to stop him.

I wear my rings because I like them, but the rings aren't what make us married, you know?

michelles89
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:43 AM
I wear mine to family functions and when we go out of the house ( outside of work) because I work at a daycar and it scratches the kids and we wash our hands alot and clean so I have to take it off anyway. My dh always wears his and he actually ruined it at work. :/ the oil ate at it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Proud-USMC-Wife
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Neither of us have wedding rings.. I wanted a house first. It's not very important to us. My husband also has larger knuckles so he would have to get a ring that would fit over his knuckle but then once it is on it would spin.. he HATES that (as do i) He doesn't mind wearing his Marine Corps ring on his pointer finger so if/when we do get wedding rings, he'll likely wear it on that one. He would really prefer to get rings tattooed on but the Military doesn't allow tattooes on hands :(

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:03 PM

My hubby has his on pretty much all the time. Expect for when he is at work and doing something he has to take it off. I wear mine mostly out and about. I worry about losing my opal or small diamonds in it and don't want to ruin mine.

Mrsz08
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:39 PM

People can cheat with or without wearing a ring, so really it is more about your mindset on being married not the whether you do or don't wear a ring. That's just my opiniion.

Beautifulmom513
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:41 PM

me and my husband don't even have wedding rings really. we had rings just for the ceremony. but neither of us are jewelry people. so they got put away right away. we don't wear them. we never have. its just not something we care about.

UCFknight
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:46 PM

it's not that important. my husband is an electrician, and so doesn't wear his ring much due to it being a conductor. He also has large knuckles, so getting it on and off usually requires skin scraping, lol. I do wear mine. He got the solitaire diamond in japan and the past/present/future band in Australia. They have travelled this earth more than I have ;)

MrsSexyCurtains
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:52 PM
Hubby works on fighter jets so he can't have them anywhere near where he works or he could have a finger taken off if it got caught. He's just not a jewelry person at all and it doesn't bother me. I wear mine when we go out but we just aren't jewelry people and it works for us.
Sister_Someone
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:56 PM

We don't have wedding rings yet, but my fiance doesn't care if I don't wear the engagement ring all the time. He knows that sometimes I can't/shouldn't because the stones sticking out get in the way of my work, and besides, the ring isn't what makes us engaged, our feelings and commitment are. I don't care if he doesn't wear his wedding band all the time once we get them either.

Usagi1023
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:28 PM
I haven't worn mine in over 2 years. I use to feel naked without it and cry if I lost it. Now I'm the opposite and feel like crying seeing it and wearing it. The promise it signified has been broken too many times. That ring means nothing to me now
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN