Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How Has Sex Changed Over Time?

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:29 PM
  • 34 Replies

I hear so many people complain or joke that sex disappears after marriage, but that hasn't been the case for me.  Our sex life is not the same as when we were dating (we're sober more often, for one thing - haha), but if anything I would say it has gotten better.

DH has always been incredible in bed, and when we were younger I probably would have said it wasn't even possible for the sex to get better, but it has, and it just keeps getting better.  Statistically, women claim to have their best sex in their thirties, so I suppose statistically I fit, but I feel like the pop culture stereotype of married sex says the opposite.

We don't have sex every day like we used to (though sometimes we go through stretches where we still do), but we still make time several times a week, and it is incredible.  I remember about two months ago after one particularly lively encounter, DH panted that that had to be the best sex EVER, and I'm pretty sure I have that feeling at least once a month!  And the last couple days have been mondblowing (several times).

For us, marriage has made it better.  How about for you?

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:31 PM
I would say 17years in, its been incredible!
We say the same thing too, what's with the jokes of "no sex" in a marriage? Its not true for us!
Fayanne
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

well, for women, with age, the orgasms can get better, more intense... lol. Something you youngsters can look forward to

maria1613
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:45 PM
Well, we aren't married but i will say that the frequency has gone down but it's gotten much better. With me going to school full time and working full time and him working full time and taking care of our DD we don't always have energy for sex which is okay.
Tiggeroo
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it depends on the mindset of the couple, as well as other outside factors. For instance, how many children do you have? Do you live with other people (my in-laws live in an addition to our house)? Do either of you have physically dabiilitating issues like chronic back pain?

For my husband and I (ten years into our marriage) the Quantity has greatly decreased, especially since he birth of our last daughter, of which we have three. However, the Quality has greatly increased. We may not have sex once a week, or even once a month; but when we do, we make sure to make it memorable. I'm much crazier about him now than I was when I married him :D

UCFknight
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:50 PM

I think it gets better over time. We are very comfortable with each other, and so have become more adventurous and vocal! We have been married for over 10 years.

luvmyaustin
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 3:51 PM
Well what I can testify too is marriage sex love is like a fine wine it only gets better with age!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Married sex was better than sex before marriage, and post-pregnancy sex is better than pre-pregnancy. It keeps getting better and better!

Fairfieldwizard
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

So much of sex occurs in your head. When I'm feeling particularly connected to my DH the sex is mind-blowing. The funny thing is that when the sex is mind-blowing, I feel super close-connected to my DH. What a great circle!

ahleesha14
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 7:33 PM

I would say being married it has been that same. It hasn't changed he still wants to have sex with me all the time.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:06 PM

The quality of sex is the same but the frequency is much less. :(  Sex with DH has always been nothing short of amazing and I can't ever see that changing but I miss the 5 times a day we used to do.  Now it's only once or twice a week but I'm working towards getting him to do it at least once a day with me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)