Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Income Tax refund

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:50 AM
  • 106 Replies

The first time since we have ever filled for Income Tax we have a plan with our refund, and sadly it is more expensive stuff we need. My husband is liking that we have a list instead of blowing it. But without actually knowing how much we will be getting back (havent filed yet) we arent sure just how much of our list we are able to get.

Our list:

buy a deep freezer

buy a bed (mattress and bedframe)

stocking up the freezer

Do you and your SO/Husband have plans for the refund? Do you guys normally plan or just wing it?

Woohoo featured. So wow I cant believe how many planners there are instead of winging it. AWESOME :)

Mommy to one angel, 1 crazy toddler and 1 on the way!!
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:56 AM
The bed can be pretty pricey depending what kind of mattress you get. Remember you can negotiate the price at mattress stores, don't ever pay sticker price, the mark up is huge at mattress stores.

We need a freezer too!
JRSMOM0621
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

We are hoping to find one that will help me with my back. I always have problems with each mattress we had bought. My husband is thinking about getting one of those sleep number beds so I can adjust myside when I need extra support and he can still have his rock bed. He prefers to sleep on a ultra firm bed, ugh lol its like sleeping on the cold hard ground!

Quoting AlannaMaria: The bed can be pretty pricey depending what kind of mattress you get. Remember you can negotiate the price at mattress stores, don't ever pay sticker price, the mark up is huge at mattress stores.

We need a freezer too!

Ang9403
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:02 AM
Freezer is our plan. Been needing one real bad.
Outspoken.Mime
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:03 AM

We don't get refunds.

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Lol. You'll have to go shop around and see what you like. We just bought a new bed right before Christmas and it was an all day thing lol. I didn't realize how exhausting it was to buy a new bed. We went from a queen to a king and they don't usually have kings in store so they have to order them. My husband was determined that we would find a king that day that we could take home, he did find one!

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

We are hoping to find one that will help me with my back. I always have problems with each mattress we had bought. My husband is thinking about getting one of those sleep number beds so I can adjust myside when I need extra support and he can still have his rock bed. He prefers to sleep on a ultra firm bed, ugh lol its like sleeping on the cold hard ground!

Quoting AlannaMaria: The bed can be pretty pricey depending what kind of mattress you get. Remember you can negotiate the price at mattress stores, don't ever pay sticker price, the mark up is huge at mattress stores.

We need a freezer too!

JRSMOM0621
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Oh yes shopping for a bed sucks lol He wants to up our bedside to a King from our full size. I am all for a bigger bed!! He is constantly rolling ontop of me lol I just have to keep him from buying the first one we see

Quoting AlannaMaria: Lol. You'll have to go shop around and see what you like. We just bought a new bed right before Christmas and it was an all day thing lol. I didn't realize how exhausting it was to buy a new bed. We went from a queen to a king and they don't usually have kings in store so they have to order them. My husband was determined that we would find a king that day that we could take home, he did find one!

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

We need a freezer too!

JRSMOM0621
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:10 AM

We have been needing one for about a year now but waited until we got to the new place before we bought one. This would save us alot of grocery trips since our freezer on the fridge is tiny

Quoting Ang9403: Freezer is our plan. Been needing one real bad.

JRSMOM0621
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Last year we didnt get one either. I didnt know my boss wasnt taking out taxes so I ended up owing a crap load at the end of the year.

Quoting Outspoken.Mime:

We don't get refunds.

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:21 AM

my refund always goes into savings to pay future bills.

Example, I teach, and don't get paid in the summer, but my bills don't stop then, and I have a property tax bill due in September.

So.... it never gets blown on anything

JRSMOM0621
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Ah yes that is a great way to spend it!! Just because a job stops doesnt mean the bills do :) That is great you plan that far ahead.

Quoting Fayanne:

my refund always goes into savings to pay future bills.

Example, I teach, and don't get paid in the summer, but my bills don't stop then, and I have a property tax bill due in September.

So.... it never gets blown on anything

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)