Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband is so boring and unromantic that its killing me.

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:56 AM
  • 18 Replies

My husband is such a boring person that I was forced to look out for help before I kill myself.

I am a mother of two and cant even think of divorce or any other foolish thing but I am getting  a nervous breakdown because of my husband's careless and non-unnderstanding nature, IDK what to do. Any suggestions....

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Serabeth06
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Sorry, I don't have any advice based only on boring, careless, and non-understanding. :/ Specifically, what is it he's not doing that bothers you? Are there things you have already tried to spice up your marriage, or have you told your dh how you're feeling?

MethuenMom
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:05 AM

I have a suggestion that worked for me in the past.  Make plans for something that you want to do and drag him along.  If he doesn't like it ask him to plan something if he thinks he can do better.  Make a date and say, 'you plan to do something on X-day' and see what he comes up with.  The 'I don't know' excuse is not an answer.  You two obviously met somewhere and were doing something so unless he catatonic (if so, I'm sorry about that), he is capable of planning something. 

MagicTemptation
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:07 AM

I bit more details on the problems might help get better answers.

Does he know your feelings?

Have y'all tried counseling?

workingwife
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:11 AM

well, I forced him to plan a movie(any movie) in cinemas leaving kids with grandparents. He bought the movie tickets after a couple of reminders but he didnt come back and tell me the details but instead sent me an email with details. If he does not have time or interest to communicate such thing verbally to me, then how will he enjoy the movie with me.  

workingwife
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:17 AM

I just want him to talk to me about our relationship or each other. I know that we have limitations due to small kids but we have to look for opportunities. He just does not understand the type of communication I expect from him. I want to feel being loved. He always come tired from work and but never too tired to talk to his friends on phone. 

LadyBast
by Brenda on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:13 AM

No idea and have you talked to him?

This is something that should be done together and he should know and understand.

withsecond
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:35 AM

Therapy.

amberNewman0213
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:37 AM
Do u guys have lives outside of the kids? Me and hubs try to go out at least once a week without the kids just to let loose a bit. Talk about the week. And keep that spark sparkling.

It's kinda like a day off.
MrsMommy123
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:37 AM

I've experienced that.  What I did was text my husband while he was at work and told him that there was something important I needed to talk to him about.  That way he would expect to have a conversation once he walks through the door. Just let him know that you want to talk about the connection between you too so he won't be caught off guard. Men don't see problems brewing like we do so they feel ambushed when we do say something. Let him know that you feel disconnection and give suggestions on how he could help, but explain to him that you need effort from him as well. 

rockinmomto2
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 11:38 AM

I don't personally see how e-mailing correlates to not enjoying a movie. I'm going to suggest counseling so that you can figure this all out. 

Quoting workingwife:

well, I forced him to plan a movie(any movie) in cinemas leaving kids with grandparents. He bought the movie tickets after a couple of reminders but he didnt come back and tell me the details but instead sent me an email with details. If he does not have time or interest to communicate such thing verbally to me, then how will he enjoy the movie with me.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)