Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Why are so many women scared to just ask?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 1:02 PM
  • 65 Replies
1 mom liked this

This may sound stupid but if you have a ?? for your SO why not just ask him?

I really do not understand this unless you do not have a good relationship that is open and honest?

Help me out here because I try to reply to most all and help but I am really confused as to why no one will just come out and ask WHY did you do this or that or whatever...

Is it being scared or ?

by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyBast
by Brenda on Jan. 21, 2014 at 1:02 PM
3 moms liked this

I am open and I do not care I will say whatever and ask whatever... So help me out on this one!

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jan. 21, 2014 at 1:32 PM
4 moms liked this

I'm like you Brenda on  that one. ANything at all under the sun  small to big and serious that i have to say or  ask I just out and say or ask  it.  

No matter what a couple's or friendship or any other relationships's issues may be, if they can't communicate OPENLY honestly and comfortablly than  that is one of their BIGGEST issues right there. NOTHING ever gets solved without communication between those people. 

I tell people who just can't get themselves to verbalize it, then at least write it down and give it to him or her.  To get the ball rolling!  They can't read your mind even though sometimes it feels like they SHOULD be able to, they really can't. 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

AtiFreeFalls
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 1:38 PM
3 moms liked this

My husband and I have great communication.  Sometimes, though, I need to talk about something that we have a problem talking calmly about (example: he makes me angry and I need to talk about my feelings before I talk to him so I don't make the situation worse by approaching a problem emotionally).  Sometimes I just need to talk to someone other than him.  I don't have family around to hash stuff out with, and I don't have any close friends.  He can't be my only support system, you know?  That's not fair to him.

I'm very much a person who needs to talk out problems, big and small, and he can only handle so much of my crap before it affects him lol.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 1:49 PM

I don't get it either.  I just tell him or ask him whatever. 

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 2:09 PM

I always ask

LadyBast
by Brenda on Jan. 21, 2014 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I see us that just ask or speak our minds are the ones answering this one.. Communication is the best and only way Ladies, if you cannot talk or ask then I am not sure you have a great relationship at all!

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:07 PM

It baffles me as well.

committed4ever
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:22 PM
3 moms liked this

I just ask but I understand why some people can't or are reluctant to do so.  Some want to know if they are being unreasonable.  Others want more input before they rock the boat.  Still others may have  asked before but got nowhere so they want input.  People are at different levels in life. We are not all the same and some things that come easy to one might be difficult for another.

catholicmamamia
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Agreed.. my husband and I easily and openly discuss everything  :o)

Tiredmom53
by Member on Jan. 21, 2014 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

My DH and I are very open, we found out open communication makes a good marriage, if I ask him something and I do not like the answer we talk about it.  I have no problem talking to him and asking him questions, might not like the answers all the time but it is a two way street.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN