Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How does your DH deal with stress?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 11:52 PM
  • 39 Replies
Mine is horrible. He gets very snappy with me and becomes extremely moody. He doesn't open up about what he's stressed about until he is apologizing to me for being an ass.
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:38 AM

Mine gets moody too but he vents what's stressing him out to me.  Sometimes I have to pull it out of him but for the most part I get it all in checklist of what he has to do.  At least he deals with it head on.  When I'm stressed I break down and hide from what I need to do...which in turn just makes things seem worse than they really are.

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:54 AM
1 mom liked this

yep mine freaks out and blows up but usually little things can set him off then he bottles it up until he cant hold it any longer and just explodes.  I just explode and its done.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 22, 2014 at 12:56 AM
He plays video games to relax,we sit and watch movies or good old fashioned talk.
Fayanne
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:01 AM

The ex... by bringing it home and taking it out on us. Classic displaced anger.

SO... generally just tells me about it.

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:07 AM
Video games until he calms down. Then he speaks rationally instead of bitching like I know or care what he's talking about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rampgirl04
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:10 AM

This exactly. My DBF acts the same way and it can be hurtful to me at times when I just want him to open up.

Quoting SouthernBiscuit: Mine is horrible. He gets very snappy with me and becomes extremely moody. He doesn't open up about what he's stressed about until he is apologizing to me for being an ass.

mrsfitz05
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:34 AM
This on both sides

Quoting BonitaM:

Mine gets moody too but he vents what's stressing him out to me.  Sometimes I have to pull it out of him but for the most part I get it all in checklist of what he has to do.  At least he deals with it head on.  When I'm stressed I break down and hide from what I need to do...which in turn just makes things seem worse than they really are.

baileymarie723
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:25 AM
Mine gets REALLY moody, and plays video games to wind down. There are times he will just bottle it all up until something sets him off, and than he just blows his top and goes off about anythimg and EVERYTHING.
withsecond
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Mine does the same. I have to drag it out of him and then he says he's sorry for being an ass. 

Kitty_Myrick
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:37 AM

Video Games

cat

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)