Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Okay need some advice *** Update: the business guy never mailed them***

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:35 PM
  • 13 Replies

My husband keeps telling me no that he'll handle it but so far it hasnt been handled.

So background is that my husband went to Philly 3 weeks ago to go get some bowling balls drilled by this guy starting up his own pro shop. My husband wanted to help so yeah big mistake there. Anyway my husband goes up there to the guy and spends 6 hours with the guy and came home without any of the bowling balls he took. He told me that the guy said he will bring them out that same weekend because he couldnt find anything in his shop. Apparently it was like a tornado went through it. The guy never comes out, said he'll mail them. Okay then never did... now they are suppose to be here Friday via fedex but he didnt get tracking for the boxes. Ontop of the pushed back dates he wanted to put my husbands stuff up on EBAY to save on shipping..... he wanted my husband to pay for his own stuff!! WTF. I told my husband that he better not allow that. Thankfully the one time in 5 years he actually listened to me, and didnt allow the guy.

So I need some advice now. I want to just say "hey do you know when the balls will be shipped here? We are trying to set up a bowling party but you have the balls" I dont think its a problem with me dropping an line on the guy but my husband keeps telling me no no no and accepting this guys excuses as to why we still dont have his bowling equipment.

So should I or shouldn't I?

be poliet about it too please

Update:

I am so freaking pissed right now I can barely speak straight. My husband beat me to the punch about talking to this guy (woohoo go him :D ) but anyway. The guy NEVER shipped the bowling balls and bag!! Now he wants my husband to pay HALF the shipping for his own stuff that this guy was to be working on. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!! Some business owner this ass hat turned out to freaking be!! And I checked he isnt running the business legit, he isnt registered with PA to have this so call business. GAHHHH!!!

Mommy to one angel, 1 crazy toddler and 1 on the way!!
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
withsecond
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd tell your husband to handle it. If they're not here in a week then you will be contacting him yourself.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 22, 2014 at 3:07 PM
I would still let your husband handle it, he seems to be being passive about it though.
JRSMOM0621
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 3:10 PM

yeah  he is and its ticking me off. Those balls werent cheap. I could kill him for allowing this to continue.

Quoting Hottmomma607: I would still let your husband handle it, he seems to be being passive about it though.

Mommy to one angel, 1 crazy toddler and 1 on the way!!
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jan. 22, 2014 at 5:08 PM

I would contact the guy yourself to find out what's going on.  Tell him that if they aren't delivered by (insert date here) that you'll be contacting your attorney.  Your husband has had the chance to handle this and he hasn't.  So now it's your turn.

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Sorry, your husband officially doesn't have bowling balls. They're gone. Personally, no one screws around with my crap like that and I'd put the fear of God in this guy. Honestly though, I bet they're gone. If he's registered with the secretary of state (which he should be to be a legal business) file a complaint.

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Just call.. sounds like your hubby is trying to be nice, but this guy dropped the ball on what he promised he would do..

^^^HAHAHHAHAHAHAH

JRSMOM0621
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Ya know I'm not sure if he is registered or not. But with this guys excuses I am starting to see why no one else is helping him out by letting him touch their stuff

Quoting furbabymum:

Sorry, your husband officially doesn't have bowling balls. They're gone. Personally, no one screws around with my crap like that and I'd put the fear of God in this guy. Honestly though, I bet they're gone. If he's registered with the secretary of state (which he should be to be a legal business) file a complaint.

JRSMOM0621
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:41 AM
I think I will just take care of it. Hub is just a softy and believes anything someone told him

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

I would contact the guy yourself to find out what's going on.  Tell him that if they aren't delivered by (insert date here) that you'll be contacting your attorney.  Your husband has had the chance to handle this and he hasn't.  So now it's your turn.

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Do you think if you say something the guy will act any different

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jan. 23, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Update?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)