Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Reading

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 3:12 PM
  • 61 Replies
Do you have a Notebook, Kindle or a tablet?
What kind of books you have on there?
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chickadees
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 3:19 PM

I still read the old fashioned way.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 22, 2014 at 3:25 PM
I still do too!
But I just started reading on my tablet! Hubs downloaded The Walking Dead comics for me! Free so better! And I have all of them!

Quoting chickadees:

chickadees
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 3:38 PM

We have an ipad I got two years ago for dh's birthday.  We very rarely use it.  As a matter of fact we just broke down and got iphones which neither of us knows how to use.  It pisses me off on a daily basis and my goal today is to figure out how to turn off that damn autocorrect, I hate it.  I never thought I had fat fingers until I tried to type on this damn thing.  I miss my buttons.

Quoting Hottmomma607: I still do too!
But I just started reading on my tablet! Hubs downloaded The Walking Dead comics for me! Free so better! And I have all of them!

Quoting chickadees:

JRSMOM0621
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 3:41 PM

had a kindle but traded up for a tablet. I miss my kindle Fire but I do like reading on my tablet some. I have a little of everything. Romance, suspense, criminal, historical....everything lol

I have about 300 different paper backs and hard covers ranging about the same as the ones I downloaded

Mommy to one angel, 1 crazy toddler and 1 on the way!!
JRSMOM0621
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Ugh I hate my Iphone. Hub is lucky I havent taken a hammer to it lol I love my paper backs and hard covers. Nothing beats that paper smell

Quoting chickadees:

We have an ipad I got two years ago for dh's birthday.  We very rarely use it.  As a matter of fact we just broke down and got iphones which neither of us knows how to use.  It pisses me off on a daily basis and my goal today is to figure out how to turn off that damn autocorrect, I hate it.  I never thought I had fat fingers until I tried to type on this damn thing.  I miss my buttons.

Quoting chickadees:

Mommy to one angel, 1 crazy toddler and 1 on the way!!
chickadees
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Exactly!

Quoting JRSMOM0621:

Ugh I hate my Iphone. Hub is lucky I havent taken a hammer to it lol I love my paper backs and hard covers. Nothing beats that paper smell

Quoting chickadees:

Quoting chickadees:

rebeccab1966
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:22 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting chickadees:

Me, too.  Nothing like cracking the spine of a new book, and the smell of it, and I like putting them on my shelf as a collection.

IQuitCounting
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:26 PM
2 moms liked this

I have a Kindle Fire and I love it.  When e-readers first came out I fought the trend, wanted to keep it old school... but there's nothing like going on vacation for two weeks and trying to tote enough reading material to keep my happy to break me of that.  I have scifi, fantasty, romance, thrillers/horror, mysteries, and kids books, mostly.

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:50 PM

I have a tablet, but I don't read on it. I am old fashioned because I want an actual book in my hands, I don't like the idea of holding an electronic device to read.

JessiFaye
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 5:08 PM

I have a tablet, but I don't use it to read. I have to have an actual book in my hands! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN