Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

advice needed

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:36 PM
  • 93 Replies
My fiancee and I want to get married but first he needs his divorced finalized. His soon to be ex wife refuses to help pay out of spite and he wants us to pay all of it. I just think she is being an evil bitch and I think we should force her to pay half. Any advice?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TommyAbby
by Melissa on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this

And just how will you MAKE her pay half? Seriously.. think about that for a minute..

Take it to court, get everything finalized.. then move on. 

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:28 PM

This.

Quoting TommyAbby:

And just how will you MAKE her pay half? Seriously.. think about that for a minute..

Take it to court, get everything finalized.. then move on. 

nicole2884
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you really want this to impact your life so dramatically
Take care of it an move on. Honestly if I were in her shoes I would think it only fair because she obviously didn't want it to come to this an he walked out of that commitment so he has to deal with the consequences of his actions
committed4ever
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:04 PM

Honestly, I don't blame her. 

preemiemom45
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:08 PM
We're you two together before they were officially separated? If so, I don't blame her one bit! If her husband is marrying the woman he had an affair with, she has every right to force him to pay for the divorce. Both you and he caused it, not her!

(If you weren't together when they were still married and she thought the marriage was still going well, please disregard the above)
LeeAnnMcKinney
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 7:56 PM
If y'all want to be married bad enough and he really wants the marriage to be over then he will pay for the divorce and move on
sweetiebell
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 8:13 PM

i dont blame her. you want it done you can deal with it.

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Im sorry but its seems a bit too easy to call someone a B% when you should put yourself in her shoes and think about the fact that the ink isnt even on the divorce papers and yet you are already a fiancee.  How long were they married that he was able to easily just move from woman to woman?  Do you really think that if it happened to her that it wouldnt happen to you?  If the cause and request for the dissolution is his doing, I dont have a problem with making him pay for all of it.

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 6:06 AM
1 mom liked this

pay for what.. the divorce proceedings?

she doesn't have her own lawyer?

And.. if he wants the divorce done quickly, then he's gonna end up paying. That's just the nature of divorces, the more desparately one wants a divorce done quickly, the more they're gonna pay.

And getting engaged before finalizing a divorce is just a train wreck, anyway. Way too soon to get in another serious relationship. Good luck with that one. I'd say step away but I doubt you will. I also predict you'll be here whining about you empty marriage within a year.

WHY THE RUSH?

allie1974
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 6:12 AM

Go see a lawyer. They can give free advise and it would give you some sort of light as to where to go next.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN