Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Confused out of my f***ing mind

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:19 PM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have been married to my husband for 8 years , in the beginning of our relationship he cheated on me 2wise , when I got pregnant  we decided to get get married , he never proposed and I later found out that he was having an affair while we were engaged and on the day of our wedding .....I don't feel wanted :( ...... We have 2 beautiful girls and I don't want a broken marrage ....

but I've never felt wanted 

by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Texasladybug84
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 11:00 PM
2 moms liked this
It was doomed from the beginning. He's a cheater and has a pattern of it. Either lots of serious marriage therapy or it will never get better. Sounds like you were just naive and maybe hoping that it would all work out. But Hun a man who cheats on his wife or fiancé or girlfriend is not in love with her and has no respect for either of them or their relationship..
But I would suggest therapy ASAP gl
shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
He cheated ON the day of your wedding?

Has he cheated since then? Has he tried to make amends for what he did? And...why now? After 8 years, why is this suddenly an issue for you?
MamaMoopsie
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 11:46 PM
2 moms liked this

I understand that you don't want a broken marriage, but honestly, hon, you deserve better and your daughters deserve to know that marriage should be between two people who love and want each other. You don't want them to think that marriage means unhappiness and that they should stay in a marriage they are unhappy in, do you?

Take the steps you need to take in order to insure your daughters have the best example of what a woman should be. Good luck!

noelgray
by Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 11:49 PM

I would have left after the first time he cheated. If you aren't happy, your kids won't be happy and they will suffer if you try to stay. I am a child from such a marriage. Do your kids a favor and get a divorce.

Noel (25)
& Brandon (26)
TTC since March 1, 2008
Avery Drew (grew wings 1/5/08 at 6wks 3days gestation)
Skylar Dakota (grew wings 4/19/08 at 5wks 1day gestation)
Charlie Blake (grew wings 4/4/10 at 4wks 3days gestation)

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:47 AM
So sorry!
((Hugs))
MagicTemptation
by Christina on Jan. 23, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Im sorry hun. I don't see where the confusion is though... He obviously doesn't want to be married or committed to you. That is clear enough. Are you trying to decide if you want to stay with him?

Monsita
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:10 AM
It took courage to open up to your own thoughts and do this post.

It looks like you are clear on what he is and what he wants.....

I can feel your pain and I am really sorry!!

You can turn this all around, HOWEVER your husband needs to want to do the changes to his own behavior.

Quoting Pinkeykate:

I have been married to my husband for 8 years , in the beginning of our relationship he cheated on me 2wise , when I got pregnant  we decided to get get married , he never proposed and I later found out that he was having an affair while we were engaged and on the day of our wedding .....I don't feel wanted :( ...... We have 2 beautiful girls and I don't want a broken marrage ....

but I've never felt wanted 

SoInLove515
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:11 AM
You should really leave him.
amberNewman0213
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:13 AM
The cheating befor marriage was not a big red flag? I never understood why women will marry someone who clearly is unfaithful/untrustworthy/childish/etc befor the marriage and then wonder why he acts that way afterwards.

princess_1983
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:15 AM

He cheated on you twice then you got pregnant and married him? Why did you stay with him after he cheated?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN