Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you support each other's vices?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:01 PM
  • 33 Replies

Shoes are my vice, watches his. He doesn't mind if I buy more shoes as long as we can afford it and I don't mind if he buys a new watch if we can afford it, either. I'm not Imelda Marcos or anything - I only have 12 pairs - but occasionally he'll tease me about my shoes and I'll point to his 8 watches and he'll grin.

So do either of you have a harmless vice like this? If so, does your spouse support it?

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melly_v88
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:10 PM
He likes buying tools, usually he buys one a week (mostly little things). He keeps up with the money so he knows what's in the budget. I like snow globes lol so I get a few a year, since I like the collectible ones.
shann77
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this
no, our vices at expensive and we don't usually agree
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:17 PM

We don't really.  I buy a lot of crafting supplies and tend to collect them more than use them.  He laughs at me sometimes but never complains.  Not even when I spent close to $100 on paper....because it was pretty. lol  He's addicted to ebay and this electronic store from China.  He's constantly ordering stuff.  It doesn't bother me as long as I don't have to hear about it. lol 

Anryan
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 1:51 PM

we share the same vice...SCA so it works well lol..

Anryan,

Wife to.....

David    and   Irish

sonnyswoman75
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:38 PM
Yep I don't like his smoking habit but I just go with it. I learned nagging don't help him want to quit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ikesmommy
by Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:47 PM

I LOVE diamonds. DH loves video games. We support each other's habit by spacing it out and agree not to indulge in our own habits; otherwise, we would be broke.

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jan. 23, 2014 at 3:01 PM

His vice is fishing equipment.  I don't mind as I fish too.  My vice is The Sims games.  He fully supports me in it as he surprises me with the latest expansions as often as he can.  I don't get to play much anymore though.  :(

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Animals. I really married the wrong man for me that way. By that I mean he never says no. We have TONS of animals. lol I went to the feed store to buy chicken food and came home with 10 turkey poults. He killed all of them for me. That's love baby!

JessiFaye
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Neither of us really have vices that I can think of... maybe video games for him, and I don't mind that he buys them. He's always respectful of our time together as a family, so no biggie. I really don't have anything personally... baby clothes, recently, but that's kind of a necessity as our son is due in 7 weeks! lol

mrsfitz05
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Shoes and craft stuff are mine. his are electronics and tools. We indulge one another as much as possible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN