Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How would you feel???? Update

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:40 AM
  • 37 Replies
So I recently found out that my ex husband has a new gf.... But it's one of my friends! Well former friend now... I'm not mad because he has a gf. But I am mad because she was supposed to be my friend. Less than a month ago she was at my house and we were talking about the trouble he had gotten our daughter into and she was saying nasty horrible things about him and turns out they were together. As a matter if fact they've been hooking up for the last 10 years off and on..... How would you feel? I'm I crazy to be upset by the betrayal of a supposed friend?

Update:
Like I said I'm not mad that he has a gf. I'm actually happy for them because hopefully she can keep him grounded and in line so he can be a dad to our kids again.
What I am upset about is that she lied about it! I asked her about two weeks ago if she was seeing him and she said no. And the fact that it was going on while we were married as well! Real friends don't hook up with their married friends husbands....
No she isn't a friend anymore and nor will she ever be. I haven't tried talking to her and I have nothing to say to her.
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 7:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MagicTemptation
by Christina on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe she talked bad about him because she was afraid you would flip out if you knew they were dating? Maybe she was worried you would make her choose sides and she wants to have both of you in her life. I personally wouldn't mind if one of my friends dated my ex husband.

chickadees
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:47 AM
3 moms liked this

Personally, I think you are so much better of without either of them.  I think they deserve each other.

Nunyabusiness
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I would feel betrayed not because they were dating, but because she never told me. It would depend entirely on the situation but I assume you would have been okay with them dating had you known.

korra2013
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't be ok with that. For me ex's stay in the past. If my friend was to start dating my ex, i would have to hear about him all the time. It's not cool.
RheaF
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this

He is an ex, I honestly would not care. Especially if I had move on since him. (IE....found someone new and better).

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I would not care

May908
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this
If he's your ex, who cares? But as for her lying by omission; I would need to have a conversation with her and ask her what's up. Woman to woman convo. Not dramatic. If I thought she was full of sh*t, I would just not talk to her again.
withsecond
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 2:04 PM
3 moms liked this

She wouldn't be a friend anymore. Actually, she never was. 

serenitycat
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 2:07 PM

if she was truly my friend then I'd warn her to get out quick while she can!  Yeah Im divorced and none of my friends would want him!!!! 

Jbinluvbtx3
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd be pisses too. But you know good luck and good riddens to them don't let it get to you. Why goes around comes around. And soon she'll be at your doorstep again but as an ex as well. Screw it. Hold your head up and show it doesn't bother you. I am I a relationship now where my dh still gets texts off and on from his ex. He never answers them and he always tells me when she does and what she says. I do get mad about it but he never answers her even tho befriended his sister and sister in law this past year just trying to get under my skin but me being the person I am just says screw it I'm with him he's happy I'm happy and if he ever does go back wit her f him. Life goes on as hard as it may be. But she was a skank and cheated on him and he doesn't agree with people like that so chances are nil that it will happen.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)