Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Should we be doing this while we are separated?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:40 AM
  • 44 Replies

My husband and I are separated, should we still be having sex? When we were living together we hardly talked but now we are talking, hanging out and having the best sex ever. Need a husband and not a boyfriend need some advice.

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marley363
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:07 AM

BUMP!

MsBlueBelle
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:43 AM
3 moms liked this

In my States Law's, a legal separation is defined as separated from everyday life AND the bedroom or intimate relationship.  It is written out that way in the legal agreement.  If you are intimate in our State, with that paperwork, your separation is null and you have to do all that legal paperwork over again. Lots of money.

If you are legally separated, I don't know why, but if there is still an intimate (sexual) relationship, then why are you planning on divorcing?  You don't have to answer these questions, but maybe you and your dh should discuss it.  Maybe it is over, maybe it isn't.  Good luck.

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:04 AM
1 mom liked this

If you need a husband and not a boyfriend, then why are you having sex with him?

If you're talking, get yourselves to a counselor.

Can't quite picture what course of events would lead to you filing for a separation but then also still allowing enough emotional initimacy to have sex. .......

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:25 AM
5 moms liked this

I can't tell you how many times I've suggested that couples start dating again.   Granted they aren't usually seperated at the time but hey, it sounds like in your case it's working.  I think for some people, it takes being apart to really reconnect.  

SCADMom
by New Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:26 AM
7 moms liked this

Sometimes we lose track that we need to date each other..act like boyfriend/girlfriend and just have fun. He's still your husband, but maybe y'all are figuring out how to bring the relationship back to a good spot. Also I suggest seeing a marriage counselor so y'all can keep moving forward.

FlutterbyMom3
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 8:28 AM
2 moms liked this
He wants to have the best of both worlds and you're giving it to him. He can live on his own and still have sex with you. Why aren't you living together again in things are better?
MagicTemptation
by Christina on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:40 AM

If y'all are hanging out and having sex, why are you seperated? confused

charleyangel317
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:58 AM
4 moms liked this

Maybe that is the key to get your husband back. Start dating again. Remind yourselves why you fell in love to begin with

Hottmomma607
SOA tonight!!
Today at 10:00 AM
by Trica on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:04 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't understand? You need to fix whatever your problems are or just move on.
marley363
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:37 AM

I have said all those things to myself.  We are starting counselling soon. because none of us want a divorce but somethings have to change. thanks for the thoughts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)