Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever feel like your DH treated you better when you were thinner?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:12 PM
  • 68 Replies
2 moms liked this
Maybe it's just me feeling insecure, but I feel like my DH treated me a lot better before I put on some weight following childbirth. Then again, it could just be that he treated me nicer back in the days before we had kids and we had more time and money. We've been married 8 years. Now, he doesn't listen to me anymore, doesn't take my feelings seriously, and doesn't make any extra efforts to make sure I'm happy.
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MethuenMom
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:18 PM
4 moms liked this

I've been heavier and thinner than I am now and DH has always treated me the same.  When I was heavier I felt blech.  

Sub-consciously you might be taking it out on him.  When your life changes it brings on stress and everyone handles stress differently.  Can you turn what you've said around?  Do you listen to him anymore?  Do you take his feelings seriously?  Do you make extra efforts to make sure he's happy?

chickadees
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Ya, I think that sometimes too.  Funny thing is, he has gained a lot, but I still think he's handsome and I still do things to make him feel special.  Ah...the good old days.

ArmyWife112908
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 1:48 PM
I think you might be trying to rationalize his badbehavior. Have a serious talk with him.
mamacalifornia
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:01 PM

No matter what my wright he has always treated me the same!

Serenity7
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

How my husband treats me. Is not based on how much I weigh

committed4ever
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:10 PM

I haven't gotten back down to my pre-pregnancy weight (10 more lbs to go). But my H absolutely LOVE my post partum body. He loves the extra "thickness" as he calls it.  I do exercise a lot though, so I'm thicker but toned. 

kayleesmom42328
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 3:24 PM
Yes. He hugged & kissed me more. He used to compliment me & say I love you.
jmpranger
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

i'm in the same boat honey

MomToovey
by Marianne on Feb. 7, 2014 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

No, my DH's love for me has never been a reflection of my weight.

I don't know you or him, but I wonder if maybe the insecurities you mentioned are actually what's making you feel this way. Try worrying less about how he feels about you and more how YOU feel about you. Get yourself into a place where you can be happy with the woman you are now, rather than pining for who you think you should be. If that does mean losing weight, then go for it. If it means taking up a hobby you can be proud of, go for it. Maybe all it means is puting more of an effort into your appearance each day (wear nicer clothes, take the time to do your hair, etc). Once you love you, everyone else will too.

cafay
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 3:57 PM

He treats me the same.But back when I was thinner, he used to tell me I ate like a bird. These days,his comments are meant ti inspire me to lose,but no matter what they still hurt because I am sensitive about it. But I know in my heart,he is coming from a good place, and they are in no way abusive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)