Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Talking to Ex Went Too Far

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:56 PM
  • 110 Replies
1 mom liked this

Well, for months he was texting, Facebooking, and messaging his ex.  Each time I caught him he said he would stop.  (Two times.)

Guess what.  She came to town and he got himself a blowjob.

I didn't find out until about a month later when I discovered emails in which they expressed their love for each other, their enjoyment at their pleasure, and their desire to do it again.

Well, now he says he'll stop.

What kind of fool am I?

Is there any reason I should stay with him?  He says he wants to stay - it was just a blow job, after all.  He didn't sleep with her.  And all those emails?  Well, they were just words.

My world is pretty crushed right now.

He is not helping.

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carrieme
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Lying and cheating and sneaking - for six months!  What am I going to do?  What do we say to the kids?  Friends?

So much I thought we would have - now gone because of his selfishness.

And to make it worse, he doesn't seem to feel bad.

charleyangel317
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:08 PM
10 moms liked this

Looks like it is time for him to come home to changed locks and clothes on the lawn

carrieme
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:11 PM

He drew the line at sticking it in her.  Is that supposed to make me feel better?

Almost what is worse is the six months of emails where they talk about their feelings for each other.

But that doesn't take away from his feelings for me, he says.

Seriously?  I'm supposed to buy that?  You tell her she is the most beautiful woman you have ever seen.  And I am supposed to be ok with that?

katiebug840204
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:12 PM
3 moms liked this
You need to get away from him. He doesn't sounds real promising.

I'm sorry.
carrieme
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:12 PM

Well, he was promising for 18 years.  WTF?

carrieme
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:15 PM

I'm just looking for any excuse to stay in this - and can't find one.  I'm devastated.

MethuenMom
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:21 PM
3 moms liked this

You tell the kids that mommy and daddy will be splitting up and it has nothing to do with them and that you both love them very much.

You tell your friends the TRUTH!!!  Lying to your friends isn't going to help anyone.

Quoting carrieme:

Lying and cheating and sneaking - for six months!  What am I going to do?  What do we say to the kids?  Friends?

So much I thought we would have - now gone because of his selfishness.

And to make it worse, he doesn't seem to feel bad.

Melissa_4
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:23 PM
4 moms liked this

He disrespected you, and he cheated on you.  It wasn't "just a blow job," and they weren't "just words."  He went behind your back, made expressions of love to his ex, and physically cheated as well as mentally.  He broke his vows to you.  That is inexcusable, and very serious.  

carrieme
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Well, that's how I feel.  It is a bigger deal.  It is, it is.  Why can't he see it?  Why doesn't he feel bad?

Quoting Melissa_4:

He disrespected you, and he cheated on you.  It wasn't "just a blow job," and they weren't "just words."  He went behind your back, made expressions of love to his ex, and physically cheated as well as mentally.  He broke his vows to you.  That is inexcusable, and very serious.  

MethuenMom
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Here's an excerise you might want to try.  You tell us what you want to hear.  There is a little psychology behind it.  I'm not going to tell you what it is right now though.

Quoting carrieme:

I'm just looking for any excuse to stay in this - and can't find one.  I'm devastated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)