Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can married couples who argue DAILY be in Love??

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:12 PM
  • 112 Replies
1 mom liked this
A group of us are having a convo, my husband and I and our close friends, and I wanted to get your input.

Do you feel that if a married couple verbally argues everyday (mostly about small things sometimes serious things) they can still be head over heels in love and happily married? Or does the arguing everyday mean they really are not that compatible and may not need to be married? What's your opinion? (There is no right or wrong answer)
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamavaness
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:14 PM
8 moms liked this
I think they can still be in love. I bicker with my husband all the time but I know in my heart I would never leave him. Hes my love!
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I think if thats what they do? Then she!
Vegan_Goddess
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:34 PM
9 moms liked this
My grandma told me once "some people aren't happy, unless they're unhappy". So yes, I think people who fight all the time can be happily married and in love.
furbabymum
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:38 PM
4 moms liked this

Guess that would depend on your view of argument. My DH and I like to think of it as a merry debate. We will debate just about anything.

committed4ever
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:13 PM
2 moms liked this
I think they can. Some people like drama and feed off it. And probably leads to hot sex which strengthen the marital bond.
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:19 PM
3 moms liked this

I know for a fact that a married couple who argues daily can still be very much inlove because I've been head over heels with DH since the day I met him and we used to argue daily for years.  Sometimes we still do.  I can want to hit upside the head with my heaviest cast iron and still be madly inlove with him......all he has to do is look at me and I melt. lol

morgiefae
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

My SO argue alot. never about the big stuff. I'm even crazier for him now then i was 5 years ago. so. yes.

bmw29
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely. Dh and I probably sound like we hate each other to the outside world but we aren't serious. We just pick on each other and I'll admit that it can sound hateful to people on the outside looking in. We llove each other dearly but rarely admit that in public. LOL
Pnukey
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:07 PM

I think some people just communicate that way. I worked with a woman who fought with her husband almost every day and they each threatened divorce regularly. The never divorced. Personally, I think they just liked the make up sex. They were married 10 years before she died.

earthangel1967
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:21 PM

I can't judge how others feel and the way they communicate and their degree of love from the outside.. I can't feel what they feel. SO I think it is possible but for ME I know for a fact I couldn't stand a marriage with lots of arguing.. I had that in my first marriage and he wanted to  stay married forever (even 12 yrs after our divorce he wishes I didn't leave so apparently he still felt love despite all the arguing but I didn't. I felt resentful and stressed) But I can't say everyone would feel like I did in that situation.

In my marriage with Todd, we don't really argue, we DO disagree sometimes but it rarely reaches an argument level, usually more a conversation to resolve it and very respectfully. Ahhhh breath of fresh air.

View Full Size Image YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)