Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Letter by Jack Beer’s upon death of his wife, Bertha.

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:17 PM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

This movie and this letter tell me what Saint Valentine's Day AND pure L O V E is ALL about.  Watch the movie, it is on Netflix.  Read this letter.  This man is amazing.  No other way to say it, he is an inspiration to anyone who breaths.  

Greenwich Times

A few months ago my wife Bertha left this great veil of tears, and I was really grief stricken.  I was surprised how suicidal one can become when you lose a loved one. When I was mourning my wife's departure, I did a lot of thinking and I asked myself many questions. What is it all about?  What is the meaning of our lives?  What is the real purpose of our struggle and spiritual hunger, our victories and achievements, our sacrifices and our sufferings? What are we living for? I believe you will discover, as I did, that love is what it is all about. The love of G-d and man, and when you have found out what it is all about, you will know that the object of life is not to be smart, but wise.  Not to be rich, but generous.  Not to be a racist or a bigot, but tolerant.  Not to be powerful, but loving. Not to serve yourself, but to serve humanity, with courage and charity.

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Krysden
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Thanks for sharing

LadyBast
by Brenda on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:04 PM

TFS

deadlights86
by Emily on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:18 AM
Thank you.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 8, 2014 at 12:50 PM
TFS
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)