Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So scared

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:52 PM
  • 14 Replies
I've finally reached a point where i feel I just cant take anymore. So tonight I'm going to tell my dh that its best for us if he moves out for a bit. I don't know if I'm going to want him to come back after a time or not, but I really need the distance from him.

I'm just so scared to take this step. I know it's for the best. I just feel sick to my stomach about the confrontation that I know is coming. I have to keep reminding myself to think calming thoughts and take deep breaths.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
korra2013
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:03 PM
Just breathe..It's not set in stone. You are doing what you feel needs to be done.
Docgirl2000
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:09 PM
This has been a long time coming. Ive just finally reached all i can handle.

I'm so afraid of the confrontation. But, honestly, I'm also afraid I'll back down and not stand my ground and nothing will change.

Quoting korra2013: Just breathe..It's not set in stone. You are doing what you feel needs to be done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
korra2013
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Just don't speak in anger. If you think you will back out remind yourself why you are doing it. Think of what you want to get out of this.

Quoting Docgirl2000: This has been a long time coming. Ive just finally reached all i can handle.

I'm so afraid of the confrontation. But, honestly, I'm also afraid I'll back down and not stand my ground and nothing will change.

Quoting korra2013: Just breathe..It's not set in stone. You are doing what you feel needs to be done.
Docgirl2000
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:27 PM
Thank you!

Quoting korra2013: Just don't speak in anger. If you think you will back out remind yourself why you are doing it. Think of what you want to get out of this.

Quoting Docgirl2000: This has been a long time coming. Ive just finally reached all i can handle.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Good advice!

Good luck OP! HUGGSSS

Quoting korra2013: Just don't speak in anger. If you think you will back out remind yourself why you are doing it. Think of what you want to get out of this.

View Full Size Image YVONNE

hazel1922
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:18 PM
Why do you want him out?
little.worthen
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this

If you tell him to leave you better make sure you don't want him back... It may not be up to you.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Just do what's best and good luck!
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

You are doing what you have to do.  Do it calmly and don't speak in anger.  However, also prepare yourself for the future because the decision for him to move back is not solely up to you.  Make sure that you are also prepare for the possibility that he may decide not to move back in the future should you decide you want him back in the home. 

Docgirl2000
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 6:24 AM
For the last few years my life has been a miserable hell. I'm not allowed to talk to men, even ones i work with, I'm a teacher I have to speak to my coworkers. I'm allowed to have friends at work as long as they dont talk to men and I'm not allowed to see them outside of work.

He hates that I work. If we could afford it he says he'd never let me leave the house without him. When i dress nice (mostly for work) wear makeup & do my hair (which is everyday for work) I'm accused of doing it for attention from men bevause I cheat. I'm "not allowed" to wear skirts or boots because that means I want attention from men.

The list continues but these are the major points.

Quoting hazel1922: Why do you want him out?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)