Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A sudden change.....and I like it!!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:41 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

So my husband is back to health some what and thankfully is holding down food. I cant remember what post I was told to try the 5 love Languages test but thank you whoever said to try it! cause holy crap are my husband and I on different ends there. But I think we both understand a bit more what the other sees as showing affection. So we both took this test and then shared results once we both were finished. I go upstairs to change for bed, we were just crashing at home going to play Mario Bros on the Wii so pjs work best for this prego :) I come back down my husband has not only vacuumed up the mess I was dreading on trying to clean up (dont ask lol) but he rearranged the living room to suit our 19 month old more, swept and mopped the kitchen & bathroom. Ran clorox wipes on all surfaces. Hell he even cleaned the toilets!! I was in complete shock. I went back upstairs claiming I forgot my socks, came back down a few seconds later. Nope not a trick. He seriously did everything that I would have done. I never said a word to him about rearranging, cleaning...nada. Its like something clicked in his head.

Now I know also how to talk to him and show him that I appreciate what he has done. Last night it really felt like when we were dating again. No fighting, had a really good time playing on the Wii. Had a bit of a misunderstanding on the Wii but neither of us got too bent out of shape we talked it out without sounding pissed off.

I wish I remembered who you were cause I could hug you!!

Mommy to one angel, 1 crazy toddler and 1 on the way!!
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
4kings1queen
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Great. But what are the five love languages?
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Great news!! Happy for you!
JRSMOM0621
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:05 AM
I googled 5 love languages and it popped right up. From what I gathered it tells you how you interpret love. For example my primary language was the act of doing something succh as dishes or laundry where as my husband's was communication where he needs to hear the words I love you, I appreciate you where I don't. It was very interesting :)

Quoting 4kings1queen: Great. But what are the five love languages?
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 2:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I do remember mentioning it to someone when we were having our issues.  Glad it helped if it was me.  Sometimes you truly dont realize that you both think of love differently.

Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:46 AM

everyone has emotional needs, and having those filled is what makes you feel loved.

We tend to give the types of love that we need, but our spouse doesn't necessarily need the type of love that we're giving.

For example.. gifts/tokens.  A woman may feel loved when her spouse randomly gives her a card, some flowers, a small token, to make her feel special and show that he's thinking of her.  If a woman doesn't get these, she may give them instead to her husband ("since he doesn't give me random cards, I'll give some to him, and he'll get the hint"). But, the cards/gifts/tokens don't have much of an effect on him, because he doesn't 'need' them to feel loved. He needs something quite different (words of respect), but she doesnt know that.

The test just helps you identify and prioritize the things you need that make you feel loved. Once your spouse knows what they are, they can better understand where you're coming from.

You can, as the OP said, get a ton of information just by googling it.

Quoting 4kings1queen: Great. But what are the five love languages?

Life is divine chaos
Embrace it.  Forgive  yourself.   Breathe
           And enjoy the ride....   

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Feb. 6, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Awesome!  :)

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 3:48 PM

That's great!   :)  Glad he's feeling better too.

LadyBast
by Brenda on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

That is great sometimes a little talk will do a lot, that is all it needs to be just talk and ask for some help..

deadlights86
by Emily on Feb. 7, 2014 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this
That's great!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)