Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

His fear

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:09 PM
  • 7 Replies
He has a fear of flying. My issue is that I want to see the world. Ive thought about going on a cruise. He says no because the pirates will take over the ship. Omg. I can't take this anymore. I want to go the Bahamas. What can I do fo help him?
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:42 PM
Start seeing a therapist! If its that bad. I don't like take off! I just took a trip it was nerve racking but fun,had to get there! Lol
MagicTemptation
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Take the trips without him.

LilTymomma
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 12:16 AM

compromise...Validate his fears and him (what his feeling) and see if you can talk and compromise. I know I can't go anywhere fun without my hubby, he is what makes everything more fun and more enjoyable.

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Therapy might help..., or hypnosis. 

LadyBast
by Brenda on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:05 PM

I am with him I hate flying and I would never go on a cruise.. JMO on this I am with him, I would save the money for something useful that is needed!

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:50 PM

Pirates  in the Bahamas?? Ask him when the last time there were pirates in the bahamas...

And have him talk to a therapist. If he flat out refuses, then you need to make plans with someone else or just go it alone. There is no reason why you can't see the world because of his irrational fears. 

MagicTemptation
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Actually it is pretty common according to my dh, Cuban drug runners, Mexican cartel. My dh did Maritime Interdiction Operations (Anti-piracy) in the Bahamas while in the Navy. They rarely mess with cruise ships though. lol

I agree that she should find someone else to go with.

Quoting TommyAbby:

Pirates  in the Bahamas?? Ask him when the last time there were pirates in the bahamas...

And have him talk to a therapist. If he flat out refuses, then you need to make plans with someone else or just go it alone. There is no reason why you can't see the world because of his irrational fears. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)