Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Excuse for infidelity

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:03 PM
  • 20 Replies

if you knew he was in a distressed relationship would you condone or be able to have a relationship with him?

Married or not, if you knew he was living with somone could you have sex with him?

My SO says it's ok because she was in a disressed realtionship. I say no, I can't be a part of this and it's wrong. i want your input.

by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Racheldp20
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 11:14 PM
4 moms liked this

Cheating is always wrong - it's always dishonest and it's always a betrayal. Relationships will always get hard at some point, but that's no excuse. 

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 11:15 PM

If I knew these things I more than likely would not.......but when I was single or separated I didn't exactly go out of my way to find out either of these things unless I wanted a relationship with that person.  That's on them not me. 

anotherandree
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 11:19 PM
My husband and I were both in the process of getting divorces when we started dating. So, technically, we were both still married when we got together. Been married 11 years so, um, yea, no regrets here!
Fayanne
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 9:04 AM

SO and I started dating before our divorces were finalized, too. So... those were distressed relationships, but they were not salvagable. We both knew our current marriages were going to be ending.

'Distress' is not a reason for infidelity.  Many relationships go through distress. When the going gets tough, how you handle the situation speaks volumes.

Quoting anotherandree: My husband and I were both in the process of getting divorces when we started dating. So, technically, we were both still married when we got together. Been married 11 years so, um, yea, no regrets here!

Life is divine chaos
Embrace it.  Forgive  yourself.   Breathe
           And enjoy the ride....   

createive
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 9:53 AM
What do you think in the case of an abusive relationship? When the un married person considers it "saving" the woman?

I'd be interested in your thoughts.

Quoting Fayanne:

SO and I started dating before our divorces were finalized, too. So... those were distressed relationships, but they were not salvagable. We both knew our current marriages were going to be ending.

'Distress' is not a reason for infidelity.  Many relationships go through distress. When the going gets tough, how you handle the situation speaks volumes.

Quoting anotherandree: My husband and I were both in the process of getting divorces when we started dating. So, technically, we were both still married when we got together. Been married 11 years so, um, yea, no regrets here!

Pnukey
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 10:02 AM

That will work for a bit, but then when the woman no longer needs saving, the relationship is doomed. I have a male friend who makes a habit of "saving" women from, whatever, and then they ultimately break up, every time.

Quoting createive: What do you think in the case of an abusive relationship? When the un married person considers it "saving" the woman?

I'd be interested in your thoughts.

Quoting Fayanne:

MelanieMans
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 10:07 AM
No, I wouldn't. He's a cheater. What's stopping him from cheating on me saying he's in a distressed relationship even if he's not. If he can lie about cheating I'm sure he's lying about being in a distressed relationship. I have no respect for those kinds if people. If you are unhappy then get divorced, don't cheat. What is having sex with someone else going to fix?
MelanieMans
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 10:11 AM
You were getting divorced, its not like you went out cheating. Your relationship was over, the legal stuff just wasn't finallized

gabenmikeysmom
by Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 10:13 AM
This!!

Quoting Racheldp20:

Cheating is always wrong - it's always dishonest and it's always a betrayal. Relationships will always get hard at some point, but that's no excuse. 

Runner36
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Yep...this...completely agree...there is NEVER an excuse and if you are the accepting party (as in the single one cheating with a married guy or a guy in a relationship...distressed or not)...and you know the other one is not single...you are wrong as well!

Quoting Racheldp20:

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN