Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

what do you do when...

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 7:53 PM
  • 17 Replies
What do you do when you realize your only stay in the relationship/marriage for the child that you share..have any of you experienced this before?? Any advice..
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nicole2884
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:04 PM
2 moms liked this
I know it is easy for us to tell you not to

But children have a six sense for emotions
They can tell when you aren't happy and they can sense tension between you two

I truly believe that its better for all involved to move on

My parents stayed together for us until I was done with high school and it only affected everyone negatively.
It would have been nice to have happy parents
Kayla00
by New Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel like this is true sometimes im sure he can tell mommy isn't happy..a big reason I stay is kinda selfish but I cant stand to think of the idea of being away from my son and sharing custody with his father..it's such a hard decision to make :/
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Never been in that situation. It doesn't sound healthy.
TommyAbby
by Melissa on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:35 PM

As a child from a marriage where there should have been a divorce, LEAVE.. Don't let your child grow up in a house of resentment and constant underlying tension. It's a miserable life..and your child is watching this and thinking this is "normal". Do you truly want your child to grow up with that as the example of a marriage? 

LeKendria
by Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 1:09 AM
You should pack up the child\children and leave. I felt like i was in prison with my sons' father. It was horrible but, i stayed way too long for all of the wrong reasons. Now, if youre married i would let my husband know how i feel and hope he is willing to mend things. Def. Pray
About it.
Fayanne
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 5:42 AM

what's it doing for the child?

Runner36
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 8:32 AM

My parents divorced when I was very young...it was for the best as they cannot stand each other.  But I am from the school of thought that if the marriage is not abusive...verbally, physically or psychologically...then you should do everything in your power to stay with your husband...counseling, workshops, etc.  

I am definitely not one to say, just leave.  it is not that easy and it is hard on the kids either way.  I believe marriage is forever...and if you have fallen out of love or feel like you are living with a roommate, then there needs to be open and honest communication and work done to get the marriage back and solid footing.  (again, with the caveat that there is no abuse taking place).

xoxo28
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 8:37 AM
I feel the same exact way! My husband and I are separated and im considering going back just for that same reason.

Quoting Kayla00: I feel like this is true sometimes im sure he can tell mommy isn't happy..a big reason I stay is kinda selfish but I cant stand to think of the idea of being away from my son and sharing custody with his father..it's such a hard decision to make :/
rockinmomto2
by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 8:37 AM

My DH and I broke up when I was about 4 months pregnant with our oldest daughter. If I hadn't been pregnant with her, we never would have gotten back together, gotten married, or had our other children. There were definitely rough times in our relationship where we were literally only together for our kids, but we pushed through. I can't say that things are perfect now, but we're working on being partners rather than just husband and wife.

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:26 AM

What do you want to do

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN