Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Any of you Ladies Husband take a Testosterone supplement .

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 4:16 PM
  • 38 Replies

I really think my husband needs one but there are so many out there can you recommend one that your husband is taking and it seems to work well.

by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nicoal4
by Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 5:07 PM

BUMP!

FlutterbyMom3
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 5:12 PM
No, he hasn't but you could look into different foods and herbs that help with that.
Fayanne
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 5:49 PM

No.

but do some research before you push him into taking one.  Additional testosterone significantly increases the risk of heart attack.

nicoal4
by Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 5:52 PM

I am not pushing him in to one. He actually works a lot and doesn't have time to research this and has asked me to. I will look in to that though. He isn't a Doctor kinda guy he got a blood clot and its costing over 20,000 dollars he is in NO hurry to go back to a doctor. But thanks for the advice.

Quoting Fayanne:

No.

but do some research before you push him into taking one.  Additional testosterone significantly increases the risk of heart attack.

LadyBast
by Brenda on Feb. 12, 2014 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope have blood work done it will tell you if he needs it hubby's doc always does complete blood work!

jazi1105
by Jazi :) on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:39 PM
No. I remember my stepdad had to take them after his vasectomy when I was a teenager, but I don't remember which he used.
chickadees
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Mine does, things with him just weren't right and when he went for his physical we talked about it and he asked his doctor to check it...he was low.  He has been on injections for probably 9 months....they upped the dose once and he seems to have leveled off.  He is super sensitive about it though...doesn't want anyone to know he is taking it.  It's a hormone for Pete's sake, his body isn't producing enough for him to feel and be healthy...it has nothing to do with how manly a guy is.   Don't have him take that crap you see on tv...have the level checked first.

MrsImperfect
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:34 AM
Mine took dhea. Made a world of difference for him.
yourpassion
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Quoting LadyBast:

Nope have blood work done it will tell you if he needs it hubby's doc always does complete blood work!

Bertieb
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 12:26 PM

My husband wouldn't take it if his was low, he's afraid of the side effects. I don't like the side effect of his dwindling sex drive but that's the way it goes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN