Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kind of crappy Vday

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:55 AM
  • 9 Replies
It's kind of been a crappy Valentines Day so far for me and my husband. Yesterday my husband and like 5 other guys were layed off of work. Now we can't do Valentines Day because we have to save money until he gets another job. The up side to all of this is my husband is keeping his head up and being in a good mood dispite it all and makes me feel better. Like everything is going to be okay for us. :) If it doesn't we have a backup plan but we are staying positive. I just hate they layed him off. He was an amazing worker and was friends with everyone! But he is always in a great mood even when things are looking down and I love him for it. I just wanted to rant and gush a little bit. :) <3 I hope everyone else is having a wonderful Valentines Day!!!
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
furbabymum
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:35 AM

I'm sorry that happened! I'm glad he is staying positive!! Keep it up!

yourpassion
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:38 AM
I'm glad he's positive. That's a huge, huge upside!!!
jazi1105
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:27 PM
*hugs*
Krysden
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Sorry to hear about the lay off.  It sounds like you are both having a great attitude about it though.  I hope everything sorts out quickly.

J.E.E.
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:06 PM

I'm very sorry. The good thing is that there are a lot of free ways you two can celebrate V day. You can go for a long walk together, catch up on some movies, have a night full of love making ; ). You don't always have to spend money of V day. Good luck to the both of you. 

mrsfitz05
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 7:43 PM
I had to write up a severance package for a guy today at work. I told my boss that this was heart warming. This poor guy was gonna go home to his wife and be like oh...happy anniversary honey I got fired today! Ugh! Better than Christmas I guess.
sonnyswoman75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:22 PM

I am sorry that happened right before Valentines Day, but at least your husband is being positive. It makes things that much easier to get through.

FlutterbyMom3
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Well that sucks but at least he's staying positive. 

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:39 PM
((Hugs)) stay positive!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)