Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Valentine's flop

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:35 PM
  • 15 Replies
Ladies, I'm upset with my husband who I let play poker every week no problem there he works 2 jobs so it's his time BUT he asked me to put mu Valentine's AFTER poker tonight,
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jazi1105
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:20 PM
ok. ? sorry he did that?
FlutterbyMom3
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know, this wouldn't really bother me. I don't feel like just because it's Valentine's Day he has to do something with me. It can be another night, as long as it happens.

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Sorry to hear that.  Hopefully you still have a wonderful post poker Valentines Evening.

chickadees
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Give them an inch and they'll take a yard.  In a marriage, some things are not up for debate.  You both need to figure out what those things are and agree upon it.  

shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Is this something you had both agreed on as important?  It's not like its christmas or your anniversary...it was valentines.

Brattzilla
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 12:36 PM

I think her point is, being as he works 2 jobs and plays poker every week with no problems.. that for ONE night...she would like to be his priority, and not come 2nd to the job(s) & Poker.  I think for that one night, he could have dedicated his time to his wife.  Sorry he did that, hopefully he will make it up to you!! 

Bertieb
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 12:40 PM

It's a silly forced upon us day, but it is still one day a year we are encouraged to put aside ourselves and do something sweet for the other person. My husband complains about the pressure right up to it but he comes through ( so do I) and when everybody talks about "What did you do, or what did you get" he is proud that I'm not embarrassed or sad with what he did. If he asked me up front if I minded us waiting to go out and eat or have a date for Valentine's I couldn't care though. But just saying something the night of would bother me.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 18, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Oh that sucks! Sorry. :-(
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 18, 2014 at 12:47 PM
I agree. Valentines is the same day every year. Lol
I'm wondering does he do things any other times of the year? Some men don't so this one day they should step up.
In 18yrs. my husband never missed a Valentines but he also spoils me all year round. Valentines is usually something small? Or nothing but a card&chocolates. If he missed next year,I'll forgive him since we probably went on a date the week before?

Quoting Brattzilla:

I think her point is, being as he works 2 jobs and plays poker every week with no problems.. that for ONE night...she would like to be his priority, and not come 2nd to the job(s) & Poker.  I think for that one night, he could have dedicated his time to his wife.  Sorry he did that, hopefully he will make it up to you!! 

little.worthen
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 12:52 PM
This is me too. It's not that big of a deal

Quoting FlutterbyMom3:

I don't know, this wouldn't really bother me. I don't feel like just because it's Valentine's Day he has to do something with me. It can be another night, as long as it happens.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)