Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

He is wigging out because I'm not wearing my ring.....

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:22 PM
  • 103 Replies

Despite the fact we are having problems I would be wearing my ring, however I cant. My fingers are swollen up so much I could barely get it off! I had to put my hands in freezing water and use soap to get the dang thing off. It was either that or cut my finger off lol

I was thinking Okay so this ring is real I dont want it to be ruined best to take it off now.

My last pregnancy we had to cut off my ring which ended up ruined but I didnt quiet care as much since it was a $10 ring vs over 100. I know it sounds horrible what I just said but I would rather ruin a $10 ring than have anything happen to this one that we just cant go out again and buy cheaply.

I explained to him that my fingers have started to become bigger and I needed to take it off. He is still a little offended I'm not wearing it. :/

Wow wasnt expecting this many comments. I tried the necklace thing and for some reason even the chain makes itch...wondering if it is all these patches of dry skin. I'll ask if he wants to get a cheap ring in a bigger size if it'll make him feel better. I'm due in 2 weeks so it will seem like a waste of money to me but I'll try to help him get over this

Mommy to one angel, 1 crazy toddler and 1 on the way!!
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cntrdmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I never wear mine.
FlutterbyMom3
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:24 PM
7 moms liked this

Would he feel better if you wore it around your neck on a chain? Although, I do think he's being ridiculous since you have a valid reason for not wearing it but since he's being a big baby about it, maybe you could do that instead.

JRSMOM0621
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:25 PM

Not really sure. My skin has been acting so weird I break out in a rash if I wear any of my necklaces. Even the old ones that he bought from Kay's when we first started going out. I did tell him its either I not wear it or we have to go cut a 100 ring lol

Quoting FlutterbyMom3:

Would he feel better if you wore it around your neck on a chain? Although, I do think he's being ridiculous since you have a valid reason for not wearing it but since he's being a big baby about it, maybe you could do that instead.

JRSMOM0621
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 2:26 PM

At first it felt weird but I have gotten use to not having it on. And I kinda like it now lol I'm not having to constantly adjust the 2 bands to fit just right on my finger

Quoting cntrdmom: I never wear mine.

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:47 PM

Good grief!  Sorry he is giving you trouble about it.

JRSMOM0621
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Thanks. I joked he could always tattoo his name on my forehead.....he jumped all over that one and tried writing it in sharpie. Now I'm scared to go to sleep!!! lol

Quoting Krysden:

Good grief!  Sorry he is giving you trouble about it.

mjgm1966
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:16 PM
2 moms liked this

You are pregnant, right?  That will stick out much further than any ring....if he's worried about someone mistaking you for a single girl! :)

TheMommaJessie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:17 PM

why not wear it on a chain around your neck? that way you are wearing it but not risking ruining it by cutting it off of a finger. maybe that will make him happy.

1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:23 PM

My husband had a fit this summer when I swelled up and had to get mine off. I retain salt like you wouldn't believe! I thought I was going to lose blood-flow because it was so tight. I ended up getting 3 inexpensive rings, in 3 sizes.

I would love to be in my original, but it isn't happening anytime soon.

ArmyWife112908
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:43 PM
Have him wear it for you. Dh hates to wear his ring when he plays call of duty so I wear it for him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN