Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

V day alone :(

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:38 PM
  • 11 Replies
He went to the bowling alley when he got home at 4pm. I thought he was just picking up the bowlin balls he dropped off. I have called and he said that more work needed because it didn't quite fit or he didn't like the polish on it or the finger inserts didn't match the color of the ball....whatever. I have grocery shopped by myself for the month, cleaned the kitchen, washed the dishes....he wants to watch a movie when he gets home whenever that will be. Our son is wanting his daddy and is pissed off. Throwing huge fits. Happy V day to me. I know where we rank on his important list. I am so sick of cryin over him. Looks like me and my son are having dinner alone and playing in the snow. Happy V day everyone!

I know I said I didn't want to go out to eat or have him buy me anything but I didn't think he would leave me completely alone today. I think it's worse because my mother is with my dad, my brother and SIL are together, my friends are with their SO's....hell my gram is even on a date like thing herself. I am happy for them but I can help but feel sad that their men choose them over anything else today
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Krysden
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Saying you didn't want anything and didn't want to go out to eat probably told him that you didn't really care about the whole valentines day bit.   Thus, it was just like any other day.    If he thought you cared about it being Valentine's day, do you think he would have been there? 

JRSMOM0621
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:12 PM

He knew I had planned on dinner at home and movies until bed. The bowling thing was a spur of the moment "let me go get my stuff" kind of thing. I know he would still be at the bowling alley even if we had made plans to go out, just the type of person he is.

Quoting Krysden:

Saying you didn't want anything and didn't want to go out to eat probably told him that you didn't really care about the whole valentines day bit.   Thus, it was just like any other day.    If he thought you cared about it being Valentine's day, do you think he would have been there? 

Mommy to one angel, 1 crazy toddler and 1 on the way!!
FlutterbyMom3
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:48 PM

I would have called him and asked him why the hell he wasn't back yet. 

Aprils74
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:32 PM
Yours sounds about like mine. This is our first valentines day together and I wanted it to be special. He did get me some candy and flowers and I got him quite a bit of stuff. I wanted to go out to eat and maybe watch a movie or something. He was very ho-hum about it, didn't really care but said ok we can do that. The first place we went had a little bit of a wait for a table and he said let's go I'm not waiting. Then he proceeds to gripe about how there are going to be long lines everywhere and let's just go home and I can cook you something. I didn't wanna go home and cook on valentines day, I wanted to go out! Anyways I was pissed and just drove home, where he sits in his recliner and played a game on his phone for an hour, and i just went to bed alone. Good thing he didn't wanna waste his time waiting in line huh? Not what I had hoped for our first valentines day. Oh I forgot, when I told him how it hurt my feelings that he didn't wanna celebrate our first valentines du together he said "all you care about is feeding your fucking face". (I'm 3 months pregnant) Nice :(
JRSMOM0621
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:24 AM
I did. He kept pushin the time back then how much work needed to be done to whatever ball. I just got tired of waiting and spent the night with my little boy. Wen he got home I left the two to play together and finished setting up our seconds room

Quoting FlutterbyMom3:

I would have called him and asked him why the hell he wasn't back yet. 

JRSMOM0621
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 8:27 AM
Oh I would've killed him. There wouldn't be any way he was sleeping in the bedroom that night. I am currently 37 weeks and never had that said to me....but then again I think my husband is scared of me...weird. Anyway no man should say that to a woman preg or not. I am so sorry your V day was ruined :( *hugs*

Quoting Aprils74: Yours sounds about like mine. This is our first valentines day together and I wanted it to be special. He did get me some candy and flowers and I got him quite a bit of stuff. I wanted to go out to eat and maybe watch a movie or something. He was very ho-hum about it, didn't really care but said ok we can do that. The first place we went had a little bit of a wait for a table and he said let's go I'm not waiting. Then he proceeds to gripe about how there are going to be long lines everywhere and let's just go home and I can cook you something. I didn't wanna go home and cook on valentines day, I wanted to go out! Anyways I was pissed and just drove home, where he sits in his recliner and played a game on his phone for an hour, and i just went to bed alone. Good thing he didn't wanna waste his time waiting in line huh? Not what I had hoped for our first valentines day. Oh I forgot, when I told him how it hurt my feelings that he didn't wanna celebrate our first valentines du together he said "all you care about is feeding your fucking face". (I'm 3 months pregnant) Nice :(
Aprils74
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 11:10 AM
It broke my heart. He's never spoken to me like that before. I'm sorry yours was bad too. (((Hugs)))

Quoting JRSMOM0621: Oh I would've killed him. There wouldn't be any way he was sleeping in the bedroom that night. I am currently 37 weeks and never had that said to me....but then again I think my husband is scared of me...weird. Anyway no man should say that to a woman preg or not. I am so sorry your V day was ruined :( *hugs*

Quoting Aprils74: Yours sounds about like mine. This is our first valentines day together and I wanted it to be special. He did get me some candy and flowers and I got him quite a bit of stuff. I wanted to go out to eat and maybe watch a movie or something. He was very ho-hum about it, didn't really care but said ok we can do that. The first place we went had a little bit of a wait for a table and he said let's go I'm not waiting. Then he proceeds to gripe about how there are going to be long lines everywhere and let's just go home and I can cook you something. I didn't wanna go home and cook on valentines day, I wanted to go out! Anyways I was pissed and just drove home, where he sits in his recliner and played a game on his phone for an hour, and i just went to bed alone. Good thing he didn't wanna waste his time waiting in line huh? Not what I had hoped for our first valentines day. Oh I forgot, when I told him how it hurt my feelings that he didn't wanna celebrate our first valentines du together he said "all you care about is feeding your fucking face". (I'm 3 months pregnant) Nice :(
Valentina327
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 11:41 AM
Wow!

Fayanne
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 2:28 PM

you two need to learn to communicate better and show more respect for each other

committed4ever
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Wow, ladies I'm not excusing either of your DH behavior, but a lot of men feel as if they have been bamboozled by Valentine's Day, that it's all commercial to get them to spend money.  They may be doing something nice for you but a lot of them still wish it would just go away.

I love Valentine's Day, my DH doesn't, and refuses to acknowedge it. So I just dress up in lingerie, fix him a special meal, and I am his sex goddess for the night.  I take it as my opportunity to do something for him with no expectations, since I know he's not into it.  He enjoys what I do.

This year, he was away on travel so I didn't even get to do that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)