Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Fireproof

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:48 PM
  • 23 Replies

It's a book and a movie. Sort of a way to help a marriage survive through hardships. Anyone here implemented the "love dare"? How did it turn out? 

by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nunyabusiness
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:58 PM
4 moms liked this

I did the Love Dare on my husband about 3 years ago. It really helped how he treated me, it didn't fix all the problems in our marriage and we had a lot to get through after I completed it but it made him more open to fixing our problems. To this day he has no idea I actually did the Love Dare on him. 

ramalamasp
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 8:14 PM

We watched it, after some friends suggested it. It was the most ridiculous movie I can ever remember seeing! No, we didn't implement the 'love dare'.

mommie2madison
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 8:17 PM
2 moms liked this
I think it's a great movie. I took the religious side of it with a grain of salt as I'm not religious, but I felt the sentiments were great & worthwhile. I haven't had a need to implement the love dare thankfully, but I do try to have my marriage reinforced with similar concepts.
amanda_mom89
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 8:28 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree. Kirk Cameron grates my nerves. The acting in the movie was horrible and the strong religious tone of the story was more than I could swallow without an eye roll.

Quoting ramalamasp:

We watched it, after some friends suggested it. It was the most ridiculous movie I can ever remember seeing! No, we didn't implement the 'love dare'.

lovemymini
by Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I did the love dare. It helped a lot. We are still together and doing great.
ramalamasp
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't even know who the actors are, but I agree. We watched maybe an hour, before we just quit. It was silly for the first little bit, but then just stupid.

Quoting amanda_mom89: I agree. Kirk Cameron grates my nerves. The acting in the movie was horrible and the strong religious tone of the story was more than I could swallow without an eye roll.

Quoting ramalamasp:

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 16, 2014 at 11:41 PM
I caught maybe a few minutes of it.
Fayanne
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this

On one of our first evenings together SO and I watched it together, and he gave me a copy of the Love Dare for my birthday.  A lot of the principals in the book and the movie are good sound relationship ideas. People who are put off by the religious overtones, or offended, miss the bigger message. So, to each their own.

Having been married for over 25 years, then divorced, I can see a lot of value in the message.

withsecond
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:04 PM

I haven't so bump for you. Good luck. 

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband & I did the 40 day love dare a long time ago. We both enjoyed doing it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)