Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I could just shoot my hubby right now!!

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:18 PM
  • 46 Replies

I'm trying to be really nice and not freak out right now but it is not working. Just found out that my DH has been underpaying the freaking house telephone bill and now it is over $200. I understand that he *thought* he was paying correctly but it just burns my butt that he did not even once check the freaking bill!! Yes, I could have checked it BUT I thought he was checking it since it is his bill to pay. We split all of the house bills up so we each have our own set of bills. We have been doing this for 17 years and this is the first time that we have ever had this happen. Just needed to vent about this so that when I talk to him tomorrow I'm not going off the wall.

by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Sorry, glad you have a place to vent first... I hope that helps.. It seems funny that if he's been doing this for 17 yrs he messed it  up  so much  just now, unless they changed the rates and he didn't notice that? 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

garfieldplanner
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

We changed our plan back in September so I'm thinking that is where the problems started. Unfortunely he never looks at the bills because he is so used to it all being the same. Most of the bills are setup on automatic payments so he does not worry about them. Guess he is going to be double checking for now on though.

Quoting earthangel1967:

Sorry, glad you have a place to vent first... I hope that helps.. It seems funny that if he's been doing this for 17 yrs he messed it  up  so much  just now, unless they changed the rates and he didn't notice that? 

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes then even though it was an unneccesary mistake since he should have been more diligent  with a new plan, at least at first... he will probably feel bad enough about his mess up and the consequnces even without you  getting mad at him. Just take deep breaths and treat him how you would hope  he would treat you  if you  ever make some kind of mistake (as we all do time to time. ) Good luck. 

Quoting garfieldplanner:

We changed our plan back in September so I'm thinking that is where the problems started. Unfortunely he never looks at the bills because he is so used to it all being the same. Most of the bills are setup on automatic payments so he does not worry about them. Guess he is going to be double checking for now on though.

Quoting earthangel1967:

View Full Size Image YVONNE

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:26 AM
3 moms liked this
Well since he been underpaying..its his responsibility to pay full amount due.
garfieldplanner
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:35 AM

After digging into the bills it looks like we were overcharged/double billed in October and it snowballed from there. Going to call the company up this morning to see why we were double billed.

Quoting hopealways4019: Well since he been underpaying..its his responsibility to pay full amount due.

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry to hear that.  If it really was just a simple mistake, try not to be too hard on him.  Also check to see if he had an actual reason for doing it.  

If this is the first time it's happened in 17 years then I'd say you're doing pretty good.  :)

Momsold
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:15 AM
2 moms liked this

This is supposed to be the Love and Marriage group.

All I ever see in here is complaints about how rotten your husbands are.

I think Cafemom needs to change its name to 'CAFE full of ladies that complain about their men all the time'

I can't imagine how half of you would react if you found out your husband was complaining about you to a bunch of straners.  My guess is that you'd probably lock him out of the house, tell him to go sleep at his mom's and then complain when he does.

No wonder so many of your husbands act like idiots...they are talked about behind their backs to a bunch of other women who hate anything with a dick.

garfieldplanner
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:16 AM

It is/was a simple mistake just came at the worst possible time. He is more laid back about bills and I'm more of a stay on top kinda person. I did just get off the phone and we were overcharged so now they are going to give us credit and we will just pay the monthly charge.

Quoting Krysden:

Sorry to hear that.  If it really was just a simple mistake, try not to be too hard on him.  Also check to see if he had an actual reason for doing it.  

If this is the first time it's happened in 17 years then I'd say you're doing pretty good.  :)

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:19 AM

I agree with this.

My mother in law found out last week that she has been paying double her mortgage bill. She set up direct deposit 13 years ago. The amount she set up was right at the time and it had since gone down (I guess she refinanced). The bank has been taking the extra $250 a month and putting it on interest and not principle. She didn't look at one of the bills/invoices in 13 years until last week. Talk about a mess.

Quoting Krysden:

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Well good deal that you end up getting a credit!  :)  

Quoting garfieldplanner:

It is/was a simple mistake just came at the worst possible time. He is more laid back about bills and I'm more of a stay on top kinda person. I did just get off the phone and we were overcharged so now they are going to give us credit and we will just pay the monthly charge.

Quoting Krysden:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN