Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Why is HE expected to do all?? WHY SHOULD HE DO IT??

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:34 PM
  • 148 Replies

What I mean by this is the yard work, clean the cars even yours, work on them take them to get whatever..

So why are most all of you so afraid to get your hands dirty.. Not being rude here but I have allergies, asthma (chronic bronchitis), and more I have been in 2 major car accidents and I have such pain that some days I am miserable..

So why are all of you complaining that you cannot do this or that??

I do not understand why it is so hard to pull a weed? I have some allergic reaction on my hands been there almost a year and will not clear up need to see a new doc for it just no time.. But I still do yard work and dishes you name it...

So is it being lazy or SHOULD HE DO IT?

by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4girlsmum
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:36 PM

I take care of the yard myself........he helps occasionally.  Whoever wants to do it should do it.

RheaF
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:52 PM
5 moms liked this

Personally, I hate mowing, DH likes it....sooo.... that's his job. We both like to garden, so we all do that. He cares for our cars, and most household maintience (IE...fixing stuff). I am a SAHM, so I do most of the cleaning and cooking, etc. That's just how we like it. If you like your marriage/household run differently then by all means....you and your DH run it how it works for ya'll.

HappyMommie1012
by New Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I clean the inside, wash dishes, sweep mop, ect. He does more outside stuff. He doesn't mind washing clothes. I hate it. He hates washing and detailing the car. I dont mind it. So we do it that way. 50/50. We both work too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fayanne
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:23 PM
4 moms liked this

I learned to do a lot on my own when he developed his 'What's in it for me?' attitude.

when I left the dh, I learned to rewire light fixtures, outlets, etc. , pulled up glued down floor tile and reinstalled my own. .. hung and finished the drywall on a 9 ft kitchen ceiling myself, do barn chores myself, the gardening, mowing lawn, changed a tire on the horse trailer, ... tonight I spent an hour and a half shoveling a 300 ft driveway myself

however, that creates a few problems now that I'm dating SO... I refuse to ask for help and he gets frustrated. While he admires me for being 'fiercely independent' (his words) he does get frustrated when I won't ask for help.

what's a girl to do? She's damned if she do, and she's damned if she don't.

Pink.Frosting
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:26 PM
7 moms liked this

I do all the work inside and DH does the work outside.  I don't see what you think the problem is?  There have been times DH has been sick and I've helped with the mowing, usually splitting it between me and ds.  But other than that, our agreement is he does the outside stuff and I do the inside stuff.  What's wrong with that?

kayleesmom42328
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:30 PM
If he thinks its my job to cook, sweep, mop, dishes, laundry, vacuum, dust, clean bathrooms, take care of 3 kids & a dog, then yes he should! Dh & I both do the yard work. He does the mowing since its usually the only exercise he gets. We both take care I the flower beds & picking up limps. He takes care of most of the car maintainence.
MomstheBom24
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:31 PM
3 moms liked this

Not sure what you problem is. You don't consider washing all the dishes, laundry, animal inhabited areas, children, windows, walls, floors, carpets and anything else that seems to eventually get nasty "getting your hands dirty"? For the record, I clean my own car sometimes my fiance's too as well as I change my own oil and take care of the plants. And if I didn't? Who the hell cares? I do all the rest, the least he can do is mow the yard on the weekend. Excuse me for preferring the traditional female chores.

OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:32 PM
2 moms liked this
I mowed the lawn and washed my car yesterday. He did the laundry last week.

***shrugs***

We're a team. We help each other.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ramalamasp
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I burn, no matter how much sun screen I slather on. I also hate doing yard work, so I don't do it. Dh likes it, so he does it. I do work on the cars. He does laundry, dishes, whatever. Why do you care what others do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BonitaM
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:54 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm just very traditional that way.  I don't mind helping once in a while.  Also I do the gardening....he does the tilling and making new beds but I take care of the plants.  He too is very traditional.  I feel like less of a woman when he does housework and I know he feels the same if I do the "manly" jobs.  Yeah, he likes me passing him a tool here or there but he's the king of the garage. lol  I like it this way and could never be with a guy that doesn't fix the cars/house, doesn't do the yardwork, and can't build anything. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)