Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Is it time to give up?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:49 PM
  • 34 Replies

My ex husband and I decided to work things out and try again. We were 19 & 20 when we first got married. He said the divorce was a mistake so let's work on things. We were on and off for a year when I called it quits and started dating a new guy. My ex husband still wanted to be with me. The other guy kissed his ex girlfriend so I broke up with him and started things back up with my ex. Fast forward 1 1/2 later we are engage when he leaves for 6 months for work and cheats with another woman who emailed me telling me about the affair and says she is pregnant. He swears that the baby is not his and from emails I read she slept with another guy right after my ex so I don't think she knows who is the father. He said he is going to prove it to me by getting a DNA test as soon as the baby is born. Also, the emails seemed more intimate than he admits to the relationship being.  I'm so lost and hurt by all this! Of course I love him very much and want things to work out but I'm wondering if he will do again. Should I just let this relationship go? It's been a total of 7 years we've been together on and off. We have a 4 year old together. Please please help! Ps I'm hurt already so please don't kick me while I'm down. Thanks in advance.

by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
Monday!
Yesterday at 12:50 PM
by Trica on Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:52 PM
Ummmmm I think you answered your own question. 7yrs. on and off,cheating. Maybe its time to call the quits?
4kings1queen
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:00 AM
2 moms liked this
Too much cheating. Too many years wasted. Pick up and move on. Focus on you until you figure out what you really want.
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:23 AM

Only you can answer this but if it were ME..  I would have been done when the ink dried on the divorce papers.  There's a reason why you guys split up in the first place.

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:15 AM

im sorryhugs I am so sorry for all you have been thru. That is a lot of heartbreak. I agree with all the other ladies. It seems like your ex already showed you WHO and WHAT he is... in my personal opinion if you  keep him after that, it's like saying you accept that to a degree and are settlingg for less than your pesonal best and I would bet he will do it again too. 

You are better off single happy and healthy than in an unhealthy unjust relationship that you are obviously not a priority or cherished in the way you should be. 

good luck. HUGS

View Full Size Image YVONNE

Fayanne
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 5:46 AM
4 moms liked this

you need to have more respect for yourself, an on and off relationship ? you already know where this is headed... but for some reason you seem ready to settle for the devil you know. You are hanging on to dreams and 'could be's', not reality. He can be a father to your child without being your spouse.

move on.

Life is divine chaos
Embrace it.  Forgive  yourself.   Breathe
           And enjoy the ride....   

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 5:48 AM
Agreed.

Quoting Hottmomma607: Ummmmm I think you answered your own question. 7yrs. on and off,cheating. Maybe its time to call the quits?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ramalamasp
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 6:51 AM
Time to quit!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaughCryLive
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 6:58 AM

You deserve more and so does your child. It sounds like you need to be single and work on yourself before you enter another relationship.

kerainey101
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 7:05 AM
You broke up with the one guy for kissing his ex, your current cheated on you full bore. Why take more mistreatment from one than the other?
Do yourself, your heart and your head, a favor and call it quits in its entirety. You will go through a lot of hurt and anger as you move on, there will be many painful feelings but let them take their course, don't fight them. You will surprise yourself and pass all this in no time. Then you will feel so much better about yourself and everything in your life.
withsecond
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 9:02 AM

I would end things. When the trust is broken, it's almost impossible to truly gain it back. At least for me it would be. 

You need to spend some time alone and be happy with that before trying to be with anyone else. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)