Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Would you stay with your husband if he was cheating?

Posted by   + Show Post

If you found out your DH was cheating on you, would you stay with him and try to work it out? Or would that be the end of your marriage?

I used to say it would be the end, definitively, but now I'm not so sure I could just walk away unless, of course, he had been cheating for years and/or with many different women.

What would you do? Would you stay if he cheated?

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 3:33 PM
Replies (161-170):
kerainey101
by Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 12:39 AM
If you were cheated on it's unfortunate that a his vows were just bullshit meaningless words and yours meant so much to you.

Quoting R-S-A-F-D: I would stay!! I said 4 better or worse and i ment it
kerainey101
by Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this
If you found out he cheated chances are it's already happened more than you know.

Quoting MrsImperfect: I stay. Work things out. I believe people are human and I also believe in second chances. If it happens again, then I'm gone.
Awsomemom08
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this
In sorry to say but not really any women that stays with a man that has cheated on them in any kindof way is stupid. Like I fully believe if u love someone ur not going to cheat on them that's not love. I would leave in a heartbeat and I would never go back.
catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 3:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Keep a cheater.. no way in hell.He would be out.. permanently.

Crunchy Moms ~ La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                     ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

themommy4real
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 3:44 AM
1 mom liked this
For women who've never experienced cheating, it's so easy for you to judge it seems..Until it happens to you, 10yrs into your marriage with 3 kids who love their daddy and the family all together.

Also, some women fail to realize that maybe the DH cheated because of something the relationship was lacking? And no, I'm not saying it's the wife's fault becz there's no excuse but at the same time, look at yourself as well and ask, am I doing everything I'm supposed to be doing as a wife? Is he doing what he's supposed to be doing?

I'd rather be cheated on than physical abuse or something more crazy.. You leave a man that you know soooooo well, you know everything about him, even when he lies.. Then maybe the next man is a nutjob, maybe not..

I'm rambling.. my badd.. lol
jesusrocks2013
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 8:55 AM

No way ! Jesus teaches us in scripture that we have to love ourselves as we love our neighbors . Scripture also teaches us that we are the children of the King. In other words, we deserve better and besides there are too many sexually transmitted diseases out there to risk it because of a one night stand or many years of cheating. You have to love yourself first so that people  can respect you. I will be praying for you and for your family. May God bless you dear sister.jigsaw ribbon

jesusrocks2013
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting themommy4real: For women who've never experienced cheating, it's so easy for you to judge it seems..Until it happens to you, 10yrs into your marriage with 3 kids who love their daddy and the family all together.

Also, some women fail to realize that maybe the DH cheated because of something the relationship was lacking? And no, I'm not saying it's the wife's fault becz there's no excuse but at the same time, look at yourself as well and ask, am I doing everything I'm supposed to be doing as a wife? Is he doing what he's supposed to be doing?

I'd rather be cheated on than physical abuse or something more crazy.. You leave a man that you know soooooo well, you know everything about him, even when he lies.. Then maybe the next man is a nutjob, maybe not..

I'm rambling.. my badd.. lol

So you want to take the chance and put yourself at risk to get a sexually transmitted disease ? You dont know if they used protection ! You dont know how many men that other woman has slept with which puts you in a higher risk of getting a sexually transmitted disease , specially if no protection is being used. You have to love yourself first in order for your marriage to work out. This comment is not about being judgmental, it is about being realistic and loving and caring for yourself.

theresaphilly
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 10:10 AM

It basically comes down to does he love the other person, if he does their is no reason for me to stay. I don't believe in staying in a loveless marriage or for the children. Everyone deserves to be happy. It would literally tear me apart because I love and trusted his so much. If he really wanted to work at it, I guess I would stay, but if he wanted to leave, their is nothing I could do to make him stay. 

ladymaleficent
by Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Well, sweets been there and we got through it,and now my marriage is rocl solid.

Quoting kerainey101: Cheating is quitting, he wasn't willing to work on the problem so why would you?

Quoting ladymaleficent: Better or worse, we dont just quit on our problems we work them out,
kerainey101
by Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Your situation is rare. Usually once a cheater always a cheater. Unless yours just got better at getting away with it.

Quoting ladymaleficent: Well, sweets been there and we got through it,and now my marriage is rocl solid.

Quoting kerainey101: Cheating is quitting, he wasn't willing to work on the problem so why would you?

Quoting ladymaleficent: Better or worse, we dont just quit on our problems we work them out,
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN