Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Fighting and S*x

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:00 PM
  • 35 Replies
When you have a disagreement or argument with your sig O, do you still have sex?

DH and I hit a really bad patch a week or two ago. He suffers from a mental illness and had stopped treatment and refused to go back. His paranoia caused him to suspect really off-the-wall things and he was very irrational and insulting and lying to anyone who would listen and feed into his cycle (and there are some real drama vampires in his world who lap that nonesense up).

Anyway, it was a rough two days and the time since then has been challenging and draining, getting legal protections in place and re-approaching treatment. That said, we still have sex. We still enjoy each other.

The counselor says it's totally normal (well that's a relief since I quite enjoy it!). One of my good friends thinks it's weird and says she never has sex when she's mad. Then againm I guess I'm not mad. I'm just worried about him.
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rock.starPWR
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. Nothing has ever kept us from having sex. Angry sex can be awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
echoishername
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:02 PM
2 moms liked this
We do. It's usually extra rough (which I love), and I'm almost always not mad after ;)
godsgirl26
Happy thanksgiving :)
Yesterday at 10:44 AM
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:03 PM

No

mercywalkedin
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:05 PM
If you feel comfortable with being intimate then I think it's probably ok. If it ever gets weird or uncomfortable then don't do it. It's ultimately your judgement call.
LaughCryLive
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I never withold sex. Sex releases love hormones. If you are having issues then you probably need those hormones. 

Brattzilla
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:11 PM

It depends on who is mad.. If "I" am mad, yes we still have sex because like you I enjoy it, and i want that emotional connection (even if I am mad).

Now if HE is mad, oh no, no, no!! the man turns into a big baby, plays the silent treatment all day, and sex is the furthest from his mind. LOL If he is just a little peeved, i can coherse him into forgetting all about it for a minute, but if its a BIG topic.........   I know to just leave him be until morning LOL

owl0210
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:14 PM
2 moms liked this
No I have no desire to have sex when we argue. I hope you don't plan on staying in this unhealthy situation if he refuses to go back on his meds. You're in for a rollercoaster ride.
LadyBast
by Brenda on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:51 PM

It may be helping him having sex. I would try to talk him into going back on the meds asap.. Especially if they help! Good luck and keep enjoying the sex!

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:52 PM
2 moms liked this
I try to make it a point in life to never have sex with crazy people.
serenitycat
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 12:55 PM

I'm never that mad at him that i don't want to make love to him, we don't really fight like that - we have some disagreements and discussions, he knows its best just to say yes dear....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN