Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How did you meet your Dh?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am sure this question has been asked, but I am new here and love stories are so sweet!! :)

I met my Dh, online...  He emailed me from a date site , and i emailed back. We exchanged about 2-3 emails , then he sent his # to text, I texted him, and talked to him on the phone.  1 week later I met him for a drink ..  never looked back.  We've been togethe almost 5 yrs :)

Signed "The Brat"

family in the van

by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 1:15 PM
Replies (101-107):
LadyMarissa
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you!!!  Although his body isn't here, I still have ALL the love we shared held deep within my heart!!!  For close to the first year after he passed, I found little love notes hidden all over the house.  They always seemed to show up magically on my birthday, Valentines Day, Christmas, etc.  I know it was something he couldn't have orchestrated as to the day found; yet because of when they appeared, it made me feel as though he was still here with me!!!  I've cleaned thoroughly enough now that I no longer find them; but I still hold out hope tht I'll find just one more!!!.

Quoting Valentina327: Wow! What a blessing and curse all at the same time...sorry for your loss of this wonderful man...
Quoting LadyMarissa:

I was a member of an online opinion group.  One guy announced that he had brain cancer.  He came in every night saying you've just got to go check out this chat site.  Having NO interest in chatting with a complete stranger, I ignored his plea.  Well, our opinions clashed BIG time one night & we got into a heated war of words.  So, I go to the chat site & join to check it out not using my real name.  I was thinking I could show him that I wasn't the girl who he just had the spat with.  Well, while we were talking, one of his chat friends came in & he introduced us.  It was love at first word!!!  I felt sooo silly falling in love with a guy that I had NEVER seen nor heard his voice.  We met in chat every night for a while when he suggested we talk in real life.  I'm very paranoid & didn't want to give him my phone number; so he gave me his & I called him.  We chatted every night & talked on the phone for about an hour every morning.  We BOTH were fighting the feeling out of fear of becoming one of those whacked out "you're not who you said you were" stories.  After a year of talking & getting to know each other, he asked me to move where he lived.  I declined saying I could not in good conscience move my children away from their stable life.  I jokingly said he was welcome to move here & surprisingly he did!!!  My children fell as deeply in love with him as I did & we were marred 3 months later.  We were married for 3 years when he went to bed one night & did not wake up the next morning.  I have NO doubt that we'd still be happily married had he lived!!!  He ruined me for any other man that I meet because he spoiled me rotten!!!  My ex was very abusive & I had a lot of anger UNTIL I met my DH.  He showed me what TRUE LOVE was like & it will be difficult for ANY guy to live up to the standards I now expect!!!

jrfan4evermom
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:25 PM
Met my hubby on Craigslist! He had an ad and I answered it! We talked online for a few months. I was in the process of divorce so didn't want anything serious and he had just finalized his. After 3 months talking online he messaged me his number and we texted back and forth. After a week or so we met in person. That was 5 years ago! Been married for 3 1/2 years and love him more n more every day!
mom_of_one_boy
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:00 AM
At a gas station through a mutal friend of ours. There was instant chemistry. He was only going to be a one night stand but found out i was pregnant the next month. Gave him the stay or leave options since we hadnt known each other that long and he chose to stay. We hit 9 years together in july. We have 2 kids.
LadyBast
by Brenda on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:49 PM

School I was a Jr...

Michelle0801
by on Mar. 7, 2014 at 6:47 PM
This might sound a little bit wrong but my husbands dad and my mommy mom dated but they broke up and we've been together for 4 years
MooNFaeRie30
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 5:31 AM

we met in a cemetary. We were both modeling for a gothic calander

Lindsey1126
by Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 9:48 AM
My friend called my dh who I never met to be our dd to go to the club and ever since then we never spent a day apart and had a big wedding 8 months later.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN