Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Does he ever pitch in around the house?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:47 PM
  • 79 Replies
1 mom liked this

When you're sick or tired or just don't really feel like doing much, does your SO step in and help do things around the house? Will he make dinner, do dishes, wash clothes, etc.?

If you're really, really sick, will he stay home from work to take care of you?

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melly_v88
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:50 PM

I do not ask him to stay home, but then again I don't get sick that often. He does things around the house all the time, without me being sick. He loves a clean house as much as I do :)

frankiesma530
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:51 PM

No. He helps with the kids but that other stuff, nope.

wintermoon111
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this
My hubby does all the housework-I am a dom and thats how he serves me me
BonitaM
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:34 PM

Yes, if I'm sick or too tired he'll help out.  If I needed him to stay home he would but thankfully it's never come to that.

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:46 PM

Yes

StreetsAhead
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:47 PM
Of course he does but we split things anyway so obviously if one of us is ill the other will do more
Duckling007
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:59 PM

I am a SAHM so I do a majority of the housework, but he is happy to help if I ask him to. He also takes care of the garage, the cars, and the yard.

Brattzilla
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:06 PM

HA!  lol 

My dh works out of town mon-fri,  the housework is on me.  When he is home on the weekend and I have to work (I do work FT), he will clean the house, do his work  laundry ,and ORDER OUT for dinner for him and the kids lol

If i am here, No he isn't going to be pitching in to clean,because I want him relaxing on his days off. Its a ME thing to take care of everything..its just how I am.  If I need help, and I ask, he will most definitely pitch in a helping hand with the household chores.

and IF I ever got REALLY REALLY ill (hasnt happened), I can totally see him taking a day to take care of me.. IF I was like soooooooooooooooo sick that I needed someone to care for me.   

theresaphilly
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Sometimes, but he does his share by taking care of the kids. 

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 7:16 PM

Yes, he will help when I need it not matter if I'm sick or not. The only time he stay's home work when I'm sick, is when I ask him too. Which has been a long time. Like a few years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)