Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Is this abuse? Any advice?

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 6:23 AM
  • 122 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hi well i just started a new relationship 2 months ago and he is really nice, such a gentleman and is always doing sweet things for me. He has already says he loves me and wants to be with me forever.
But I'm not a stupid girl, i hear about abuse and i have noticed he has a bad side. Im so confused and dont know if I'm over reacting.
He is going way too fast and is madly in love with me, he always says I'm his only family, the only person he has, and he will kill me if i leave him or cheat him. I think he's joking about killing me though.
He doesn't trust my guy friends and says i always get too drunk and then put myself in bed situations with other guys.
Im always having to watch what i say because he gets angry very easily.
He rings, texts and mails me all the time and if i dont answer he freaks out asking where i am, he even mailed my best friend one night cause i didn't answer the phone for 20 minutes as i was talking with my brother. That was so embarrassing.
He got angry when i told him how many guys i slept with, its not that many i dont think and he freaked out when he seen pictures on my phone with other guys. He criticises my family because they dont like him.
This is so hard, i really like him and he can be such a sweetheart but this behaviour is stressing me out.
I want to know if anyone on this had any advise got maybe changing him or explaining to him his behaviour is too much without making him angry. I have no one to talk to cause everyone i would say this too would just say leave. Its easy to say leave when its not you in the situation, it would kill him if i left him but i dont wanna leave him anyways.
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 6:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 6:26 AM
1 mom liked this
You don't want to leave why?

You need to really think about whether it not you want to live like this with him for the rest of your life.
TommyAbby
by Melissa on Feb. 27, 2014 at 6:54 AM
25 moms liked this

RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN...

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY 

RUN!!!!

This is just a taste of what the rest of your life would be like..what happens after you get married and he tells you that you can no longer see your friends or family? What about having kids.. ***shudder**

This man unstable. Anyone that is THAT clingy and that paranoid has serious issues. The sweet talking is just to lure you in until he has you trapped.  

Leave him and find a man that is stable and that will love you and be patient and understanding if you happen to talk to your brother for **GASP, HEAVEN FORBID*** 20 minutes..

committed4ever
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:16 AM
2 moms liked this
I think you know where you're headed. You just want someone to tell you it will be ok. It won't. You're on CM so I assume you might have a kid. Are you aware of how many abusive men kill their partner's children? Google it.
rock.starPWR
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:17 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes, that is abuse. Get out now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjames1990
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:18 AM
3 moms liked this
Textbook! Leave now.
Mommabearbergh
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:22 AM
1 mom liked this
You seeing the red flags pay attention to them
MagicTemptation
by Christina on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this

You are right, everyone you would say this to would tell you to leave and they would be right. You are being delusional if you think you can change his behavior. He sounds dangerous.

lovemymini
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this
This. He is pretty psycho.

Quoting TommyAbby:

RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN...

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY 

RUN!!!!

This is just a taste of what the rest of your life would be like..what happens after you get married and he tells you that you can no longer see your friends or family? What about having kids.. ***shudder**

This man unstable. Anyone that is THAT clingy and that paranoid has serious issues. The sweet talking is just to lure you in until he has you trapped.  

Leave him and find a man that is stable and that will love you and be patient and understanding if you happen to talk to your brother for **GASP, HEAVEN FORBID*** 20 minutes..

kayleesmom42328
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Run & don't look back! If you have to go to the police. But don't stay with him.
serenitycat
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

doesn't sound like a sweetheart to me...and only 2 months in...I'd rather be alone! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)