Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

would you consider doing this ?

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:56 AM
  • 35 Replies
My husband and I separated recently and he said he needed time to figure things out, last night he came over to the house to see the kids and he ended up spenting the night ( no sex) but we slept in the same bed and he ask me if we could act like we were boyfriend and girlfriend and not bring up the marriage thing for awhile. I told him we could but with the understanding that we would just be with just each other. Did I do the right thing? I want to save my marriage.I guess I am thinking that maybe after 11 years of Marriage that maybe we forgot to date so maybe this will help get us back where we need to be.
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsApple
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 7:58 AM
3 moms liked this

Sure,why not?Dating each other again may be just the thing you need.

SoInLove515
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:00 AM
Sure! I would definently try it out ; )
Mrseoc
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Sure. Maybe he's bored? If i where you i'd hit the bookstore and look for  a relationship books that can help relight the spark. He wants to date again and he wants the excitement that went along with it. Take your ring off it it helps him. It's not your marriage it's just a ring. I say play along and find a book that could give you some ideas as to keep it interesting without taking a pretend step back.

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Feb. 28, 2014 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it would depend on the reason for the seperation.

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 1:22 PM

I think you should have had the discussion of expectations before you seperated. If you didn't want to have sleeping around happen then it should have been discussed.

Also agree with MagicTemptation.

m.garcia21
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 1:25 PM
This!

Quoting Mrseoc:

Sure. Maybe he's bored? If i where you i'd hit the bookstore and look for  a relationship books that can help relight the spark. He wants to date again and he wants the excitement that went along with it. Take your ring off it it helps him. It's not your marriage it's just a ring. I say play along and find a book that could give you some ideas as to keep it interesting without taking a pretend step back.

mrsfitz05
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 1:42 PM

I guess I'd want to understand what he expected from this boyfriend/girlfriend thing. There also would need to be time parameters on it too. What about finances? Living arrangements? Other people? There are a lot of things to agree on before you go there.

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 2:18 PM

Sounds good

DeniseA1978
by New Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 2:59 PM
Thanks for the advice.
Momtoboys940
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 3:55 PM

My hubs and I try to rekindle our spark, and we're still going strong five years later.  Your doing the right thing ;-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)