Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Good day to you :)

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:09 PM
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hello everyone :)

My name is Deangela. I'm the mother to one beautiful little girl named Zoya. She turns two next month. The time has flown! I will be elebrating my 5th year anniversary with my Dh this month and again, time has flown with that as well :)

I am from Montana, I love to write, read, draw, do crafty things, spend time outside and relax. Relaxing isn't much in my books these days with an active little one running all over the place :) I wouldn't want it any other way.

I am going to school part time towards a second Bachelor's degree, honestly I'm half-butting it because it's not a passion of mine and it's really to just fill my days, keep my brain sharp.

I'm currently living overseas in Pakistan with my husband. He's a Pakistani. I am not. We're going home this spring pending him finding out about earning his Phd in Germany or not. Our lives have been kind of up in the air lately lol. Keeps things interesting at least!

So, if you have any questions, ask away :) I'm an open book. 

by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MIA0223
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:14 PM
Welcome :)
I am Michelle, mom to Anisa (6) and Ibrahim (1), stepmom to Mohammad (16 this month!) and Fayez (14)
Married 8 years to my Palestinian hubby, we live in USA, my stepsons are in Palestine.

How do you like Pakistan? Was it hard to adjust? We are talking about moving to Palestine in the next 5 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Skittles1988
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Hello! (Salaam Alaikom!)

Pakistan is an adjustment for sure. I've enjoyed it and loathed it. It's difficult in a lot of ways to live in a world so vastly different from the one I grew up in but I have enjoyed living with extended family, being there for our daughter and not having to worry too much about life outside of being a wife and mother. I look forward to going home this spring/summer though!

What draws you guys to moving to Palestine? Dh has a great career over here right now, we came back in September for him to have a shot at a Phd scholarship to Germany. We find out if he got it or not this month. I'm very excited for him and where he's going. I'll admit though, I've been rather impatient with life lately and can't wait to go to a Western country haha.

Do you mind my asking if you are of Palestinian descent? I'm a Heinz 57 Caucasian mutt mix :) lol.

How did you and your Dh meet? Dh and I met in college.  

Quoting MIA0223: Welcome :) I am Michelle, mom to Anisa (6) and Ibrahim (1), stepmom to Mohammad (16 this month!) and Fayez (14) Married 8 years to my Palestinian hubby, we live in USA, my stepsons are in Palestine. How do you like Pakistan? Was it hard to adjust? We are talking about moving to Palestine in the next 5 years.

MIA0223
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:28 PM
Wa alykum salaam :)

We want to move for the reasons you described! Lol!
Big extended family for the kids, simpler life.
We don't have that here.
I am like you. A Caucasian mutt, lol.
DH and Met at work. He was my boss!

Quoting Skittles1988:

Hello! (Salaam Alaikom!)Pakistan is an adjustment for sure. I've enjoyed it and loathed it. It's difficult in a lot of ways to live in a world so vastly different from the one I grew up in but I have enjoyed living with extended family, being there for our daughter and not having to worry too much about life outside of being a wife and mother. I look forward to going home this spring/summer though!What draws you guys to moving to Palestine? Dh has a great career over here right now, we came back in September for him to have a shot at a Phd scholarship to Germany. We find out if he got it or not this month. I'm very excited for him and where he's going. I'll admit though, I've been rather impatient with life lately and can't wait to go to a Western country haha.Do you mind my asking if you are of Palestinian descent? I'm a Heinz 57 Caucasian mutt mix :) lol.How did you and your Dh meet? Dh and I met in college.  

Quoting MIA0223: Welcome :)
I am Michelle, mom to Anisa (6) and Ibrahim (1), stepmom to Mohammad (16 this month!) and Fayez (14)
Married 8 years to my Palestinian hubby, we live in USA, my stepsons are in Palestine.

How do you like Pakistan? Was it hard to adjust? We are talking about moving to Palestine in the next 5 years.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Skittles1988
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:37 PM

So neat! I agree, it is a simpler life. If there wasn't so much activity going on around here, I wouldn't mind making our lives permanent. There's not much freedom though, we live near the Afghanistan Border and with all the terrorist activity it's not the safest. Perhaps if we lived in a more modern area...some day I'd consider it again if we could move to a better area of the country.

The main goal is to just find someplace we're both happy and able to take care of both our families. It takes time to figure it all out though, as I'm sure you well know :).

Dh and I met by my giving him a burger when I was on my first or second day working in the cafeteria on campus haha. Interesting how our lives change by the smallest of instances huh? 

Quoting MIA0223: Wa alykum salaam :) We want to move for the reasons you described! Lol! Big extended family for the kids, simpler life. We don't have that here. I am like you. A Caucasian mutt, lol. DH and Met at work. He was my boss!
Quoting Skittles1988:

Hello! (Salaam Alaikom!)Pakistan is an adjustment for sure. I've enjoyed it and loathed it. It's difficult in a lot of ways to live in a world so vastly different from the one I grew up in but I have enjoyed living with extended family, being there for our daughter and not having to worry too much about life outside of being a wife and mother. I look forward to going home this spring/summer though!What draws you guys to moving to Palestine? Dh has a great career over here right now, we came back in September for him to have a shot at a Phd scholarship to Germany. We find out if he got it or not this month. I'm very excited for him and where he's going. I'll admit though, I've been rather impatient with life lately and can't wait to go to a Western country haha.Do you mind my asking if you are of Palestinian descent? I'm a Heinz 57 Caucasian mutt mix :) lol.How did you and your Dh meet? Dh and I met in college.  

Quoting MIA0223: Welcome :) I am Michelle, mom to Anisa (6) and Ibrahim (1), stepmom to Mohammad (16 this month!) and Fayez (14) Married 8 years to my Palestinian hubby, we live in USA, my stepsons are in Palestine. How do you like Pakistan? Was it hard to adjust? We are talking about moving to Palestine in the next 5 years.

MIA0223
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, DH is in a very quiet, small village in Palestine.
It is funny, I went in to his place just for lunch after a day of job searching, he asked did I know anyone looking for a job and the rest is history! Lol.

Quoting Skittles1988:

So neat! I agree, it is a simpler life. If there wasn't so much activity going on around here, I wouldn't mind making our lives permanent. There's not much freedom though, we live near the Afghanistan Border and with all the terrorist activity it's not the safest. Perhaps if we lived in a more modern area...some day I'd consider it again if we could move to a better area of the country.The main goal is to just find someplace we're both happy and able to take care of both our families. It takes time to figure it all out though, as I'm sure you well know :).Dh and I met by my giving him a burger when I was on my first or second day working in the cafeteria on campus haha. Interesting how our lives change by the smallest of instances huh? 

Quoting MIA0223: Wa alykum salaam :)

We want to move for the reasons you described! Lol!
Big extended family for the kids, simpler life.
We don't have that here.
I am like you. A Caucasian mutt, lol.
DH and Met at work. He was my boss!

Quoting Skittles1988:

Quoting MIA0223: Welcome :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_abeauty92
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group !

My name is April and I have a beautiful girl named Tommi- Addison ( 1.5)
I work part time and getting my real state license soon , my husband is a visuals and sells manager for a clothing company and he travels often and work a lot .
We are living in Summerlin NV ! ( Las Vegas ) been here 12 years and I love it! (:
Skittles1988
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Thank you very much :)

I can't wait to settle down somewhere for a while. This mom is a wee bit tired of the travelling lol.

How's the weather there? 

Quoting _abeauty92: Welcome to the group ! My name is April and I have a beautiful girl named Tommi- Addison ( 1.5) I work part time and getting my real state license soon , my husband is a visuals and sells manager for a clothing company and he travels often and work a lot . We are living in Summerlin NV ! ( Las Vegas ) been here 12 years and I love it! (:

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Mar. 2, 2014 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this
So nice to meet you!
_abeauty92
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 10:50 PM
Yes I would be too !
As of right now ? It almost 8pm and 54 degrees it's been gloomy and raining. Las Vegas in general ? It snows in the winter at times and its up to 118 degrees in the summer !

Quoting Skittles1988:

Thank you very much :)I can't wait to settle down somewhere for a while. This mom is a wee bit tired of the travelling lol.How's the weather there? 

Quoting _abeauty92: Welcome to the group !

My name is April and I have a beautiful girl named Tommi- Addison ( 1.5)
I work part time and getting my real state license soon , my husband is a visuals and sells manager for a clothing company and he travels often and work a lot .
We are living in Summerlin NV ! ( Las Vegas ) been here 12 years and I love it! (:

_abeauty92
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Earlier today , view from my condo(:
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN