Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Me, the husband, my Wii U and Mass Effect 3 on his ps3...

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:16 AM
  • 9 Replies

So me and my husband rarely ever fight and when we do it doesnt last super long (thank goodness too). Friday night my husband surprised me with my Wii U and the new Lego Marvel Heros game. OK cool, right? Well Saturday evening as we were driving home my husband told me that he wanted me to play my new game on my wii u. OK, cool again, right? So we get home and I go to get our infant daughter situated in her swing, make her a bottle, get in my comfy clothes and then settle on the couch. Now my husband immediately got on his ps3 to start playing Mass Effect 3. Now I usually have no problems with him playing on his video games. He is an excellent father, husband and a very hard worker so I dont mind him playing since that's his way of relaxing and he is usually very agreeable. Well I dont know what bug he had up his butt last night but I just politely informed him that I needed the tv at first to set up my Lego video game before I can get it switched to the tablet that comes with the Wii U. Ok...I get he was playing online on his game but in my defense he does play his video games everyday and a lot. (lol) He gets on first thing when he gets up and when he first gets home from work. He will play on it pretty much the whole weekend if we're home and not out doing anything. Again, pointing out again that I have no problems with him playing because he will pause to change a diaper or to feed our daughter and he will also play with her in his lap. So anyway he switched the channel on the tv so I could set up my game. Now I am that person that likes to watch the intro of my lego games because they're funny and cute. (I'm weird I know) Well he got mad because he wanted me to skip the intro so he could get back to his game. I told him that I wanted to watch the intro to my game and it would only be for a couple minutes and then it'll be set to my wii u tablet. Anyway he gets mad, I get my feelings hurt because at that precise moment I felt like he was being a little selfish, so I switched off my wii u, he got mad, then he threw his ear piece on the floor and he even shut off his ps3 in anger. (we can be so dramatic sometimes lol) I went to our room to get away from him, he followed me, we yelled and I did make up shortly after we had our yelling match but I just dont get men.

He wanted me to play my new game but because he doesnt watch the intros to his games it's like I should be more like him and I can only be me. I even told him after we made up that I dont mind him playing and that the only point I was trying to make is that he is always playing on his ps3 and I just wanted a few minutes to do something on my wii u. And no he didnt apologize for being an a-hole and I didnt apologize either. I did apologize for making him feel that I have issues with him playing video games all the time but I didnt apologize for wanting a few minutes to do something on my Wii U.

This isn't a venting post or needing advice. I just wanted to get this off my chest. And I dont need anyone to bash me or my husband. I love my husband, he's a very great guy and so he has his flaws. (lol) He's human and I have my human moments, too. This is just "I dont get men sometimes" post, I guess. (lol)

by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Fayanne
by Gold Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 5:16 AM

all righty. Perhaps you can do your intro thing while he's at work.

SitaStJames
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 5:20 AM

Quoting Fayanne:

all righty. Perhaps you can do your intro thing while he's at work.

I dont play video games much as it is and when hes at work I'm  busy with our 4 week old. However I will probably only play my game when he's busy doing something else.

Brattzilla
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:09 AM

iam also not a video gamer, however, my dh is very much into his xbox, and I can relate to your post (to a point) lol  I dont get in the way of him playing his game, truly becuse he is a hard working, he provides, and his down time is his video games.  If i find he is spending WAY much to much time on there... I will remind him that he has real LIVE humans that need his interaction on the home front, and his time with strangers in foreign lands (he plays online) is about up LOL He will get the hint, and back off his xbox for a little bit.

as far as the baby fit your dh threw,  i get it.. i do.  He wanted to get back to his game, you were lolly gagging around, holding him up, so he threw a major hissy fit.   typical for an addicted gamer.  He MIGHT MISS SOMETHING YA KNOW!  LOL

glad you 2 worked it out!

Signed "The Brat"

family in the van

SitaStJames
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 8:37 AM

(lol) while we were fighting I reminded him that he wanted me to play on my wi u and so he shouldnt have told me that if he couldnt share the tv for like 2 minutes for me to do that and that he is ALWAYS playing. (lol) He plays online too and I know my mistake was getting in the middle of his game. So Im just going to play on it when he's taking break from playing on his. I swear he mustve been pmsing because he is usually not like that.

Quoting Brattzilla:

iam also not a video gamer, however, my dh is very much into his xbox, and I can relate to your post (to a point) lol  I dont get in the way of him playing his game, truly becuse he is a hard working, he provides, and his down time is his video games.  If i find he is spending WAY much to much time on there... I will remind him that he has real LIVE humans that need his interaction on the home front, and his time with strangers in foreign lands (he plays online) is about up LOL He will get the hint, and back off his xbox for a little bit.

as far as the baby fit your dh threw,  i get it.. i do.  He wanted to get back to his game, you were lolly gagging around, holding him up, so he threw a major hissy fit.   typical for an addicted gamer.  He MIGHT MISS SOMETHING YA KNOW!  LOL

glad you 2 worked it out!

LadyBast
by Brenda on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:01 PM

I do play video games and we do them together also, I say do the intro stuff when he is not there so you do not have to listen to him about it...

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I think everybody has those "I don't get men sometimes" moments. 

AlannaMaria
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 3:36 PM
I agree!!

Quoting Krysden:

SitaStJames
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 3:41 PM

I swear my husband has PMSing moments and I think that was our problem that night along with not getting a lot of sleep since we have a newborn in the house.

Quoting AlannaMaria: I agree!!
Quoting Krysden:

MomToovey
by Marianne on Mar. 4, 2014 at 4:20 PM

My DH and I play the lego games together and we always watch the intros the first time we play a new game, I totally get wanting to do that! Sorry he wasn't being very understanding. I hope you're able to fit some time in to watch it when he's not home. I loved my baby carrier, because I could "hold" my baby while she slept but still have my hands and arms free for other things! If you have one, that would be my suggestion :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN