Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you & DH want more children? **edit*

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:46 PM
  • 80 Replies

My DH and I are on the fence about having 1 more child.  We currently have my daughter (my 1'st child & his step daughter), whom is getting ready to turn 6 yrs old. Then there's our son (my 2nd, DH's 1st).  DS just turned 2 a few weeks ago. I am a SAHM starting college in the fall. Dh works full time 5-6 days a week. 

We have been working on getting things paid off to have more financial freedom. We managed to get my car, washer & dryer paid off. Next year we're paying off his truck. That'll give us one year to build things up for looking for a house the following year.   While all of these things are great things, we keep coming back to whether or not to have one more child. 1 more then we would be done. 

We just keep looking at the fact that I'm going to school soon, he's working, and we don't want to have to take from the 2 kids that we already have to give to the new child on some levels. As well as being able to give them all the amount of family time that they deserve, without feeling like we're playing 'favorites'.  

I wouldn't mind one more, and DH says he wants to experience the same thing that I did with our son. Which is being able to feel more relaxed and less 'freaking out' about things. 

So my question to you is, have any of you been in this situation? How did you handle it? And, sometimes when you can't get past the pros and cons, is steering clear of it the answer? 

WOW! First of all thank you to everyone that has responded!  :) 

Second, this is awesome! My post was head lined! I've only had one other post to be headlined before and that was when I first came to CM! Thank you so much guys! 

by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherandree
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this
It's funny bc my husband and I had 2 kids. Then, ages 1 and 3. We were on the fence about it, too. I was having troubles with my new birth control and decided to stop it for a month to "let my body reset." We got pregnant that month! At the time, we knew it was a possibility it could happen but thought, "What are the odds?" Now we have 3 wonderful kids, ages 6, 8, and 10. We actually want another! IMO, having 3 is like having 2. Some things get passed down, sometimes you do something with only one, sometimes they all fight and it's chaos. It is what it is and you adjust to your new life and family situation.
Pink.Sunshine.
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:13 PM

We would always welcome any children blessed to our family, but sadly, I can't have any more :(

UCFknight
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:18 PM

No. We are done. He got snipped when our second child was 2 months old! 

StreetsAhead
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:19 PM
Yes in an ideal world we want 4
(We will have 2 then want 2 more)
sburger315
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:19 PM

I'm currently pregnant with twins. After them that will give us 4 children...as of now we are done when they are born. that may change once they're toddlers and baby fever hits lol.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:21 PM

No. We wanted two children, a boy & a girl, close together in age and that is what we got. After DD was born DH had a vasectomy. No looking back. 

Proud-mama-05
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Well after the one I'm currently pregnant with is born no, we will not purposely have any more children. That being said if something were to happen it would be the end of the world. This will be baby #5 and hubby says he doesn't want to plan anymore after this.
Joie35
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:53 PM
I'm currently pregnant with my 5th, my fiances first. He would like 2 children...so we would.consider one more.
godsgirl26
by Silver Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:01 PM

We were on the fence about having more. But as my kids get older the more im not starting all over again. So i finally made up my mind and said NO.

katiebug840204
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:41 PM
We have 3 kids. We are done.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)